Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so the past couple days my D has been having a few problems. the first code i got was P0013 so i checked around and made sure everything was plugged in right and everything and reset the pcm and the code went away and now its throwing the code P0301. it first started having problems when i flushed my radiator, cleaned throttle body, and put my iat sensor back into the intake manifold. it has sort of a rough idle and a shaking feeling to it. when i barely let off the brake and coast and just let it idle and move it shakes. it also goes from running bad and it will run good for like one second and then start running bad again and it just keeps doing that. i need to get this figured out asap because i dont feel comfortable driving it with problems like this and it is my daily driver so anything will help. thanks in advance

Edit: I ment i put my iat sensor back in the manifold. should i replace the IAC(idle air control valve) or the IAT(internal air temp) ?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
no i havent.
I have been told that rough idle is caused by dirty/faulty IAC. My truck is running rough at idle as well. I am going to clean the IAC and TB first, if it still persists, then I'll just replace the IAC.

·
I hate you people.
2,831 Posts
Next, check the fuel pressure as the fuel pump could be going bad.

·
Registered
130 Posts
P0301 is a misfire in cyl 1. Move the coil & spark plug to a different cyl. Such as plug to cyl 2 & coil to cyl 3. When the CEL comes back on & has P0303 then it has a bad coil. Same goes with cyl 2. If it stays @ cyl 1, check compression & injectors.

Toby

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
You say this happened AFTER you cleaned your IAC??? Sounds to me that you might have messed up the IAC when cleaning it. :huh:

You have to be real careful when cleaning them cause if fluid gets into it, it's obviously toast.

Replace the IAC to begin with, then see if it goes away. Good luck.

EDIT: I just re-read what you did with the IAC, even still, if you mishandled it while taking it in and out, it could have broken it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts