Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im trying to get my first truck back on the road after some motorsports fun. I've rebuilt and reinstalled the stock 3.9L using the original harness that worked when it was pulled. Everything that can be plugged back in has been. Now The Problem: you turn the key and nothing. Nothing happens. No fuel pump. No starter. I can turn the headlights on tho. No Tail lights tho. When over it with a test light and i cant find a broken wire. No Dash lights also. Please Help im trying to get this truck back on the road cause my Ram was stolen and I need something so i can get back to work.

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,411 Posts
Grab the factory service manual; start tracing through the wiring for the starter; including verifying any connectors have not pulled apart inside (my 1988 has one that had a problem with the recepticle or female connector pulling back into the housing; it'd keep the truck from turning over every time until I fixed it.)

RwP

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuel pump and dash lights are not coming on so im guessing the problem isnt with the starter but ill be sure to check that thankyou Ralph

1 - 4 of 4 Posts