Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issue: PO0308 code.
I have a 308 code/#8 misfire that will NOT go away!
I've read what seems like every page on the internet about this code but nothing seems to be working. I installed new coil, wires, plugs, cap and rotor. Swapped out #8 plug and wire, still got it. Next up, compression test... all came back fine. Low 155, High 170. Sprayed carb cleaner looking for vacuum leaks, found nothing. Ran Sea Foam thru vacuum, gas and oil (idled 15 minutes before oil change) made it run much smoother but still got the code. Injector seems to be working fine as well. Replaced upper and lower o2 sensors.
Being so frustrated, I broke down and paid $104.00 (*for nothing!) and took it to the Dodge Dealership. They had it for 2 days and also could not find the issue. They said everything seems to be working perfect for a truck that has 130,000 miles. They suggested that I replace the ECM/ECU but they weren't making any promises that that would be the issue. *Thanks for nothing guys!
Anyways, I'm at wits end on this and have to pass an emissions test ASAP. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
M.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You've probably checked already, but what does the routing look like for plug #8? Does it come near any other electrical connectors? Engine ground? Maybe try putting a longer wire on and bring it on a different path.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts