Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Durango 4.7 SLT 135k

So I replaced a cracked radiator today, during the process I also removed the electric fan,(aftermarket), and controller. When I started the vehicle to add coolant and burp the system I noticed no front heater blower,(now working), and no cluster. On further investigation, also no wipers, power windows, radio, or turn signals. I also have no odometer or CES. The only thing working in the cluster is the open door lights.

Update: Disconnected battery overnight and charged it. Upon reconnecting it this morning, the odometer worked initially as well as the wipers and windows, albeit short lived. Tried the gauge reset,(holding the trip reset while turning the key to on), with no result. Started the vehicle, still no gauges. Also noticed that the door chime does not work, and the cig/outlet in the dash has no power.

obd2 test returns 0462 but no SES.

Things that remain unaffected, brake lights, hazards, headlights, Cabin lights,(including dash), 12v outlet in console, horn, heat & a/c, power seats, and power locks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: the wipers, power windows, and cig outlet in the dash have power when the key is in the acc position but not the on/run position,(oddly they do intermittently). The vehicle does start and run but the start cycle is not normal. By not normal I mean, normally to start requires only a momentary twist of the key and the engine cranks til start. The current condition requires the key to be held in the start position til the engine starts.

Also of note is that the door open chime works when the key is wiggled.

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,481 Posts
Update: the wipers, power windows, and cig outlet in the dash have power when the key is in the acc position but not the on/run position,(oddly they do intermittently). The vehicle does start and run but the start cycle is not normal. By not normal I mean, normally to start requires only a momentary twist of the key and the engine cranks til start. The current condition requires the key to be held in the start position til the engine starts.

Also of note is that the door open chime works when the key is wiggled.
Sounds like the ignition switch itself is failing.

RwP

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update replaced ignition switch, no change. On the upside I was able to repair the inoperative tilt mechanism, (super glued broken plastic ratchet)

I have attempted a pcm reset,(disconnect negative battery lead and apply brake peddle for 30sec), no change. The gauge reset/self check,(hold the trip reset button while turning key from off to on), also no change,(actually didn’t do anything). Have not located any bad fuses. No idea where to go from here.
C9A97017-060B-480C-BD49-40DE6080E9F4.png

1 - 4 of 4 Posts