Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Motorsport edition RC 4.7,5 Speed 4.10’s full.... ect...
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the forum and figured I drop a few pick of the money pit. It’s an 01 motorsport edition with a 4.7 5 Speed and recently installed 4.10’s. Been slowing bringing it back from the dead when I got it 10 years ago... have a 4/5 drop in it with leaf spring purches and coils up front with the 03 front brake upgrade done as well. Also a set of 04 H/O cams and intake with a 70mm throttle body. Also did a set of headers with an ATI super dampener this spring with plans to do a header back exhaust and a tune by FRP but Covid *#$&ed that up. Glad to hit the group and will be browsing and tossing out input when I can.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice truck welcome to the forum, how do you like the 4.10's? I just got done rebuilding the front and rear diff's in mine. I have a 98 durango with around 360 on the clock. I wouldn't call it a money pit, Its more like a cheap rental car lol.

·
Registered
2001 Motorsport edition RC 4.7,5 Speed 4.10’s full.... ect...
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice truck welcome to the forum, how do you like the 4.10's? I just got done rebuilding the front and rear diff's in mine. I have a 98 durango with around 360 on the clock. I wouldn't call it a money pit, Its more like a cheap rental car lol.
It’s got more pep in its step now for sure! And cruising at 60 I went from 1800 with 3.55’s to 2000-2100 with 4.10’s. What gears are you running in the rango?

·
Registered
15 Posts
4.11 I'm running 33'S, at 60 i'm running around 1800. I bought the truck about 11 years ago and love the truck as much now as I did then. Now the big question is 360 bored out 30 supercharged or N/A 408 stroker? Most people ask why, but why not? I'm looking forward to seeing the look on the honda drivers face when I walk away from them. Did you do the rear end yourself or pay someone? It took me 2 try's to get it right. I do all the work myself since I have out smarted countless ASE cert. master mechanic's. My most recent time was a lemon we bought, I out smarted the chief engineer for CDJRF, yes the one who engineered the jeep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts