Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
powderpimp1
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i finelly got my lazy but off the couch, and finished ym lighting project.
I had to be get creative with how i wanted to mount the lights, but i think it turnded out friggen sweet. :bling:

2X Hella 500FF 100w.
2X Supersport 55w cornering lights.

The only thing I would like to be better, is the brightness. Their super bright dont get me wrong there. I just would like to be able to light up a corn feild, and be able to see clearly for about a football feild. Any Ideas?

Attachments

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
I think you need glasses!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Ok, so i finelly got my lazy but off the couch, and finished ym lighting project.
I had to be get creative with how i wanted to mount the lights, but i think it turnded out friggen sweet. :bling:

2X Hella 500FF 100w.
2X Supersport 55w cornering lights.

The only thing I would like to be better, is the brightness. Their super bright dont get me wrong there. I just would like to be able to light up a corn feild, and be able to see clearly for about a football feild. Any Ideas?
Airplane landing lights.......

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
And why are all you others Hateing??? abit jealous?
more lights are usually to assist in lighting while offroad.... when i offroad, my front bumper is usually half buried in a water hole or helpin push through piles of snow. putting offroad lights that low on a front bumper kind of limits your offroad capabilities and defeats the purpose of "off road" lights.

·
3,230 Posts
And while you are at it get me the horns off that train too, lol.
www.hornblasters.com

my buddy had a set of the 3 stage on his 02 Chevy, mounted under his toolbox facing the tailgate... those things were STUPID loud. you could hear him from over a mile away no problem, it was hysterical to see people freak out when he hit the switch

·
Registered
333 Posts
www.hornblasters.com

my buddy had a set of the 3 stage on his 02 Chevy, mounted under his toolbox facing the tailgate... those things were STUPID loud. you could hear him from over a mile away no problem, it was hysterical to see people freak out when he hit the switch
Dude i can imagine a train horn coming from a durango that would be the funniest shit ever. If u can take a video of that i would love to lol to that.

Those lights look way too big for the bottom part of the D maybe if you had em on the roof. theyd light better too

·
3,230 Posts
Dude i can imagine a train horn coming from a durango that would be the funniest shit ever. If u can take a video of that i would love to lol to that.
i wish had taken video of that. for some reason he didnt wire a cut-off switch in, so he had to just run the compressor off a switch until he thought the tank was up to its proper psi. well he forgot to shut it down one day, had it runnin for a while, he hit the horns and almost blew his back window out :mullet:

id get a vid, but his truck was stolen back in 05, unfortunately.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If I were you I'd take the advice of everyone and raise them. I also have the Hella 500 series lights and mine are brighter than hell. The LED lights that were recommended are awesome as well as the Hella HID series lights. Look into those. I know you don't want to spend a lot but if it's more light you want than why not buy the best? If you wanted more lights for driving why not just buy HID's?

·
Professional Slacker
559 Posts

Those lights look way too big for the bottom part of the D maybe if you had em on the roof. theyd light better too
Ol spence(midnite) had horns... ask him about it. Made some judges go, WTF?!!

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Just don't be that asshole driving around with them on all the time blinding every damn driver on the road. Makes me want to bust those damn lights out everytime I run across one of those assholes.

·
3,230 Posts
ive got a pair of horns sittin in my garage for my kota, got them off a 50 ton payhauler at work. i need to find a compressor still tho.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts