Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have these installed in there dak?...just wondering looking for a pic on a dak to see how they look

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
picky

Alright thanks Sin.....any chance of you having a night picture, was the fitment good, ? ease of install?

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
I'll have to dig when I get home, I'm not sure if I have ever taken any nighttime shots of the lenses.

The lenses themselves fit really nice inside of the bumper, they look like they were meant for those openings. However, bracketing them in there is moderately difficult because Daimler-Chrysler sure didn't do anyone any favors when it comes to leaving places to intall aftermarket lenses. You will have to do some minor fabrication to get them bolted in place but once you have it done they should work just fine.

The only thing I don't like about the lenses is that they are sealed beam and are 'regular white' bulbs - if you have hyperwhite headlights they won't match and you can't swap the bulbs out.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, looking forward for the pics if you do have them....any suggestions on how to mount them. as i'm getting the stillen bumber and all and i wouldn't mind having the angel eyes..

S

·
0 Posts
are these foglights bright enough to be used instead of headlights? i'm thinkin about gettin a pair

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't advise just using your fogs lights as a complete substitute for headlamps, since they are not aimed far enough ahed

·
Registered
85 Posts
not true

Alex said:
I don't advise just using your fogs lights as a complete substitute for headlamps, since they are not aimed far enough ahed

this is not true, i have a set of angel eyes and i have black headlight covers for my dak and i keep them on with the parking lights at night and just rum my fogs. they are really bright too. i get the highbeam from semi's because my stuff is so bright they are brighter then my headlights so i don't even use then. so sure you cvan run just the fogs with the parking that what i do and i have no problem seeing anything

V

·
0 Posts
With the angel eyes, i have them on my Durango, but instaled upside down, like it said on the install instructions on the site posted here, that he had no problems. Well i did figures, so ne sugestions for when i get my new ones how to fix, seal them? or try and mount them upright...with more fabrication :cussing: But other than that they work awsome the main light still works and is really bright, just the halo dont work ne more so its nice that one part still works when the other dont.

V

·
0 Posts
Yea thats what mine looks like but now the halos dont work, im just wondering what i should use to seal them on my next pair??

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Hella Optilux angel eyes can be purchased lots of places Pep Boys carries them. I've also seen other brands of angel eye lights.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts