Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what year(s) our trucks came with an 8 pin plug on the power, heated mirrors? i need to find some for my 02 dakota, and ive found a few heated folding mirrors on ebay from wrecker yards but they appear to have a 6 pin harness. what year mirrors should i be looking for so i know they're 8 pin? and yes, i am positive my truck came with power heated mirrors, i have the options breakdown sheet. the guy i bought it from however had them taken off and put cheapo ebay mirrors in their place.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
Since yours is a 02. I would say a 01'-04' but than again I don't think they changed any wiring in the inside from the older ones.

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since yours is a 02. I would say a 01'-04' but than again I don't think they changed any wiring in the inside from the older ones.
when i originally asked about them at the dealer they said 01-04 also. but the ones on ebay that i did find, which were from a durango, i think were a 2000 or 01, and they looked like 6 pin. and of course, the seller is a major business so they're not going to take the time to go look. they just told me "contact your dealer for interchangeability"

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
I thought I seen some on here for sale... Check the for sale place. If the dealer is saying 01-04. Then I would think just stick with that. And look for a Dak 01-04 and a Dur 01-03.

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive been keepin my eyes open, but the heated ones are hard to come by. ive seen a ton of power mirrors for sale both on here and on ebay but they're the 5x7, not 6x9 heated folding.

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
Oh your looking for the towing mirrors? Those are hard to come by I know that for sure. 5x7's seem to be very common.

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh your looking for the towing mirrors? Those are hard to come by I know that for sure. 5x7's seem to be very common.
yeah, because from what ive seen the heated mirrors were only available in the 6x9's. i have yet to find a set of heated 5x7's. if they make them like that, id much rather have the 5x7's but i want heated mirrors more than i want the small size. but im def not gonna buy any aftermarket mirrors like cal vu's for 2 or 300 dollars, i dont need them that bad.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
2000 had the older style 'dumbo' mirrors. AFAIK, 01-04 Dak and 01-03 Dur mirros were identical. I may be wrong...

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know 97-04 are all interchangeable when it comes to bolt pattern, as for size im not sure. the only thing i do know for sure is that the power 5x7's ive seen (and already bought for $15 thinking they would fit my truck before actually checking my wires) are all a 6 pin plug. the only ones ive seen that are 8 pin are the 6x9 power heated folding mirrors. are those the "dumbo" mirrors? the factory mirrors only came in those two sizes, right?

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
It seems to me that 6x9's only came on the 98-00'. And from 01-04' they just used the 5x7's. No heated option for 5x7's. Just power.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/dde/full.aspx?Page=2

What I was looking for were heated 5x7's but I found out they never came with heat. They only came powered. Sucks though... I would love to have heated mirrors. So that explains why the 6x9's you bought have a 6 plug and the 5x7's that you have in your 02' have a 8 plug.

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So that explains why the 6x9's you bought have a 6 plug and the 5x7's that you have in your 02' have a 8 plug.
no, the mirrors i bought for $15 were the 5x7's, powered, non-folding 6 pin. my truck's options sheet says "GTS - Power Heated Mirrors, Fold Away" and fold away mirrors are only available in 6x9 from what i've seen.

·
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, if i cant find any of the heated, i may just run some wires between the 8 and 6 pin plugs so i atleast have my power mirrors back, because now they're unhooked, obviously, and i got nothin.

·
MADR/T Member
743 Posts
I'm almost positive that in 03 there was an option for the 6x9, folding, heated mirrors.

Edit: mine would be the "dumbo" mirrors.. whether those are 6x9 or 5x7, I honestly have no idea.

but after further research, the 01-04 Dakotas have the 8 pin plug.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts