Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im redoing mine for the second time.. not because the glue gave out but because sombody of close relation to me was drunk with greasy fingers.

I wana try to stay away from stock type material. I like suead but is there anything else what looks good and will work? I need it grey or dark grey like charcole.

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
I vote for suede. Thats what Im thinking of doing.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
IMHO suede works best - you need something that's thin/light and pliable. Check with your local upholstery shops, see if you can find someone with a wide variety of materials in stock that you can see as-is on a bolt, not just the sample catalogs.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Im going to be redoing mine with the vinyl they use to wrap stero boxes in... once it warms up.

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Im going to be redoing mine with the vinyl they use to wrap stero boxes in... once it warms up.
Make sure you use some whupass glue, not just the standard headliner stuff. I tried using some really cool-looking vinyl that had a brushed aluminum appearance - it looked great at first, but once it started getting warm outside it started to separate from the headliner and totally fell apart at a car show. Vinyl tends to hold onto heat more than cloth, and is usually a lot heavier. I ended up re-doing the headliner again with some thin suede, worked out a lot better.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Buddy of mine has a stereo shop (and a good friend of his does boat interiors next door) he has done several and has worked out the kinks on keeping it up.

·
Sicky Gnar Gnar
579 Posts
You can go old school with some tweed? lol

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol I thought abbout tweed or like backpack material but wont the glue bleed through?

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts

bahaha had fur in my old truck. it would swirl in the wind and when the bass would hit

chicks dug it fyi :)
Why did you hit it with fish? :huh::nana:

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how abbout a canvas type material?

·
Gen I FTW
6,010 Posts
:waiting:

i want to re-do mine in the spring.

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I re-did mine once and it was perfect only cost like 70-80$ to do it myself but now mine has greasy hand prints all over it I can get out...

joann's fabrics and crafts has good materials better than OEM stuff IMO.

·
ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just used soapy water and the the glue let loose with the scrubbing.

·
DrPepper
1,150 Posts
Don't screw around with the standard stuff...

Multi color SHAG Carpet.!! Screw up firing strips and staple the stuff to the roof. Your buddy can't get it dirty enough to notice, it's soft and cushy and lot's of color combinations for cheap. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts