Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally got the money and wife's approval for new headlights (she didn't quite enjoy the night time jaunt through the mountain roads of West Virginia last weekend!). I currently have the one-piece style smoke headlight with the bulge around the turn signal area. I have been running SilverStar Ultras in them since day one. They were hard to get aimed, have cracked, fogged up, and now look to be yellowing. All of this has made for even less light output than when I first put them on, which was never good to start with. I really like the older style Eagle Eye headlights with the LEDS and turn at the bottom, not the new ones with the LED/turns on top. However, before I make a purchase I'd like to get schooled on LED vs. HID vs. Projector, as I really haven't kept up on this topic. I'd like to know which will provide the most light at the best price with the least chance of complications down the road. Also any personal experience with lights to get or avoid would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
LED is just the turn signal. You don't want LED headlight bulbs. HIDs put out a brighter light, but unless they are in a projector housing are a PIAT to properly aim, and even then will still cause oncoming traffic to flash you constantly thinking you have your high beams on. You could do a combination. I installed projector housings with HIDs into my Eagle Eyes. Little more money up front, but looks good IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts