Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the TCM located at ? We have a Chilton's book coming in the mail which I hope will help. If there is a bad ground where could we possibly start to track it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this is going to sound really strange but check your headlight bulbs. Buy one and plug it in and turn your headlights on and see if it works. I'm not being a smarta** when I say this. In 2019 I bought my third Durango. After having 2 previously same make, model, year etc., you would think I'd be familiar with all the little quirks. Nope. After work one evening I turned my headlights on as it was approaching dusk. I stopped at a convenience store and noticed my lights weren't shining against the building. I checked my headlight switch. Yep it was on. I clicked on high beams, nothing. I beat it to the auto parts store, checked the fuse before going in, it was ok. Bought a headlight switch and installed it in the parking lot. Still nothing. I made it home before dark. Next day I was looking through my manual trying to figure out what was going on. I talked to a friend and he said did you check the bulbs. I said no. I then said "when was the last time you saw both bulbs go bad at the same time. He said go buy one, keep the receipt and if it's not the problem take it back. With nothing to lose I did what he said thinking it was going to be a waste of time. I pulled into the driveway, popped the hood, took the headlight bulb out and put the new one in. Turned the switch on and there was light. Unplugged the other light, replaced it with the bulb and that one worked. I went back to the automotive store, bought a second bulb and no more problems. In all the vehicles I've owned in my life I had never had both bulbs burn out at the same time. I guess there's a first time for everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts