Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Dakota 4X4. The passenger's side low beam headlight flickers intermittently. I changed the bulb and it still flickers. The driver's side and high beams are fine. All other lights are fine. This is making me crazy. Please help!!!!

·
Banned
2,773 Posts
loose connection if ONLY 1 side does this.

Check from the bulb all the way down to the joint fuse box. When the wire wiggles, the light flickles

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion. Any hints on how to trace the wire? It disappears into several harnesses that snake through the engine bay. Also, when I "yank" on the wire with a bulb in the socket, it doesn't seem to affect the flickering. Do you think it could be the socket itself?

·
Banned
2,773 Posts
Very well could be. Doubt it though. Otherwise the socket make flickering worse.

THe socket is $5 at the autopart store..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More info. It's not the headlight socket and not the multifunction switch. Could it be the central timer module? Is there a separate relay for the headlights? I found the fog lamps, parking lamps, etc. relays, but not one for the headlights.

·
PUNISHER
448 Posts
My friend was having issues on her van with the light flickering. I checked the socket and the piece at the bottom that touches the bulb was bent back enough to barely touch. So I took my pocket knife, reached down in there and bent it back. Guess what? No more problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts