Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
sixpack
104 Posts
Just for the looks, in my opinion. You get another color on the light output and perhaps some wow-effect, but no better light than your Silverstars.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just for the looks, in my opinion. You get another color on the light output and perhaps some wow-effect, but no better light than your Silverstars.
i think the regular silverstars are what 4000K and these are 5000K so maybe a little brighter

·
Registered
96 Posts
Lumens is your light output, this is how bright your bulbs are.

Kelvin or K rating is only color temp of the bulb.

Typically the higher your K rating, the LOWER the light output. You must upgrade more than just a bulb to increase light output as you increase your Kelvin ratng.

If you want a blueish-blue color 5000K-8000K bulbs will do. If you want brighter re-wire your high beam and low beam circuits with 12ga. power through a relay.

The next upgrade is to a 55watt HID system and then you'll be able to go up to the 8000K number and still have more lighting than your factory system will ever put out. You will have scattered light without the use of a projector system.

Anything beyond 8000K and you will be reducing visibility no matter what your wattage is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105299

This is a link started by another member.

The light assembly and wiring upgrade in my light system is as follows:

"Bug-Eye" projectors
(Standard 9006 Low Beam, and H1 High Beam)

Bi-Xenon 55watt 9007 HID System (6000K color)
(switched through factory system, but powered by battery)

High Beam seperated and battery powered through a relay
(Low Beams stay on with High Beams)

Bulbs are 55 watt 9006 Low beam in the projector, and the provided 55 watt H1 bub in High Beams.

It sounds more complicated that it really is.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's not hard, it's only time consuming.

You will use the 12ga to run from the battery to the relay, and them from the relay to the headlight. The +/- from the factory lights will be used to switch the relay.

You can use the same relay to switch your high and low beam if you like.

It may be easier to just use 2 seperate relays for the high and low beam circuits.

Look on HID Planet for further wiring schematics.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's not hard, it's only time consuming.

You will use the 12ga to run from the battery to the relay, and them from the relay to the headlight. The +/- from the factory lights will be used to switch the relay.

You can use the same relay to switch your high and low beam if you like.

It may be easier to just use 2 seperate relays for the high and low beam circuits.

Look on HID Planet for further wiring schematics.
thanks, i think iill just let someone do this for me if i ever do decide to, im not to good with wiring shit together

1 - 8 of 8 Posts