Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one please explain to me how to remove the bracket that holds my stock headlight so I can place it on a new housing? The new unit can w/o the bracket. I cannot figure out how to remove it.... screws don't come all the way out... and one of them I can't even figure out how to turn it at all.

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It can't be too hard can it? I see them sold in several places w/o the bracket...

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will have to unscrew the adjustment screws. It's the only way I know.
But they don't screw all the way out for one... and for another thing, one of them has no way to unscrew it... I'll post pics if I can. Maybe you can explain...

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will have to unscrew the adjustment screws. It's the only way I know.
OK, on 2 of the screws I can see the head and presumable can turn them to move the bracket away from the housing. On the 3rd the head is not visible at all.

Bottom pic is not too good (crappy phone pic) but I think you can sse that the screw head is not accessible.

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone got a clue here? I have tried... I can not see how to remove the bracket from the lens housing.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
You could always cot a hole to gain access to the screw head like in the other spots or start turning it from the other end(has a small hex head on other end) and then grab the threads with some pliers or something for the final bit once you lose the ability to turn it with the hex end.

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the idea

·
Just a guy with a truck
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
since the headlight was useless I just snapped the mounting points off then soaked it all w/ PB Blaster to get the screws loose b4 attaching the new lens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts