Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pickedup a 2001 Durango for my son. The headlamp low beams don't work, however the high beams, fogs, interior, etc. work. I did a search but everything was coming back on modifications. Anyone encounter this? Both bulbs were recently replaced, and then went out together. I am thinking ground wire, fuse, etc., but didn't know if this is one of those model specific problems that seem to have a 95% issue/fix solution. Thanks!

·
I hate you people.
2,831 Posts
I had a 94 Dakota that had the same issues and it was the headlight switch burned out twice. High beams would work but not the lows.

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Sounds like either the headlight switch, or the relay under the hood. Try swapping the headlamp relay in the PDC with one of the other relays and see what happens.

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
put the tilt wheel all the way down throw it in 1st and than just pull back on the front of the dash should pop right out that i think its only like 4 phillip head screws.

at least thats how i get my front dash piece out of my 00

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
put the tilt wheel all the way down throw it in 1st and than just pull back on the front of the dash should pop right out that i think its only like 4 phillip head screws.

at least thats how i get my front dash piece out of my 00
'01 is a different interior and comes apart differently.

·
Mopar 4 life
749 Posts
i knew they were diff didn't know if it be different to take apart. sorry for the wrong info on your truck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turned out to be 2 bad bulbs. Previous owner said they had replaced them 3 weeks ago at a shop, however there is no way these bulbs had been in there only 3 weeks. Think they put the high beams on and said they were repaired. Thanks again for your input. Changing the bulbs was relatively easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts