Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 durango 5.2 (318) 4x4 , installing the headers i bought the Driver Side header is touching the Brake Booster, Anyone else have this issue ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yea ... they shouldnt touch.... Id dent the brake booster in a tad and put a heat shield there. I have a heat shield on mine because it is close... before the heat shield the trucks brakes would feel different after a hard pull because the booster got hot. Now its great!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of headers do you have, i am thinking about returning these PaceSetters and ordering the Gibson Chromes

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i ordered the Gibson Chromeys ill give an update when they get here tuesday and put on the truck also i will take a picture of the touching with the pacesetter for anyone that ever decides to do this install :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ ill agree with the 1st statement but considering i have BBK 52mm throttle body, K&N CAI, full 3" Exhaust with high flow cat, ill go ahead and say that any header long tube or short will be better then the restrictive factory exhaust manifold.

·
Old Fart
182 Posts
My Edelbrock headers have never leaked, cracked, rusted, or touched anything they weren't supposed to. And they gave me a noticeable power increase over the stock manifolds.

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,225 Posts
Pacesetter, same as those cheap ass Flowtech, garbage. Better off with stock exhaust manifolds than any shorty header.
This is based on what...:huh:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Gibson chrome here... they are 10 years old and no matter what you do they rust. are the ones you have stainless steel? if not get rid of them (especially since they dont fit) and get gibson stainless steel seen here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-GP301S-Performance-Stainless-Exhaust-Headers-/130847392187?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:1997|Model:Dakota&hash=item1e771cc1bb&vxp=mtr
I'm about to swap out my crappy Pacesetters for something better. Aside from leaking non-stop, over the course of a year they're the most rusted things I've ever seen. (and I'm in the south)

I've been looking at the chrome Gibsons; do you have pictures of the rust they've developed?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts