Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I need some help. I installed some JBA headers a few days ago. P/N: After I installed them, I noticed my ac condensor was too close to the headers. I've moved the condensor back as far as it will go. Tried bending the bracket some. Not much play. Anyone got any ideas as what to do. I've got the condensor zip tied to the side. It's inbetween 1/8 & 1/4 inch away from the header right now. Could use some help. Thanks!!!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, my headers are ceramic coated. Just realized I didn't put the part number. But you can look at them at the jbaheaders.com PN: 1945S-1JS.
I'm happy with them except that they're too close to the ac condensor. It's already left a black stain on the headers. The two touched already I guess. I've thought about taking the bracket out and cutting more into it, to allow the condensor to move back more if possible. Thanks for the help.

· Registered
189 Posts
the a/c condensor is nowhere near the headers... its located up by the radiator... maybe your refering to the reciever/dryer??

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, don't know what everything is called. It's the a/c accumulator. I'm pretty sure that's what it's called. As you're looking into the engine bay, the cylinder to the left side on the back wall. Well that part is almost touching the header. Just got it zip tied to the side for now. But don't what else to do. I'm thinking of taking the bracket off and seeing about making a different style bracket. Any suggestions? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.