Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Slow Mother Trucker
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting ready to graduate and i want to start a project car when i get a job full time.

i had a 04 dak a while back (may she rest in peace) and i love this style dak.

i also love the power of my 03silvy, so i was thinking, why not build a bad [email protected]@ little dak with an LS motor?

anybody ever done this before?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
:huh: i think that would be way to much of a pita. i do like the lsx motors though

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
http://www.dakota-durango.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21400&highlight=ls1

would be a waste of time and money IMO, considering you could do a decently built 360 or 408 for the same amount of money, time, and headaches that come with swapping in a ls motor. not to mention....blasphemy to mother mopar.
I read all the pages in that thread u posted...

That kid was a little douche bag bitch, asked for people opinions and what we thought then turned into a 14 year old girl.

I dont give a shit about Ford or Chevy, when it comes to Mopar... i have a heart for them, putting a fucking Chevy or Ford anything on Mopar is a disgrace to this country! lol, and you will be hung!

No but really, do what you want, i dont think its a good idea, but like someone else said in that other thread "i wont be driving it" and like another guy said modding a Dak alone gets you respect. In my 2000 i got complements from everyone, ford and chevy guys asking me to pop the hood... somtimes it got boring cuz i be late for work or something.

Ill never part from my Dakotas! Unless they burn down and the insurance comes and gets them, other then that... it stay with me.

1971 Cuda
Dakota R/T
1998 GTS Viper

is all i want to own before i die, and nothing else.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I say go for it. Guess I am " slapping mother mopar in the face"? Its a dodge dakota, not a superbee or a cuda. It holds no collectible value. It never will.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
It would be cool and all (seriously those LSx motors kick a lot of ass!) but it would prolly be the hardest thing in the world to do. It would be easier to swap a 5.7 Hemi, has about the same power output as the LS1, and they're cheaper!

·
MOPAR RULES!
150 Posts
Man thats just wrong I'm a MOPAR man on a MOPAR site . what is all this chebby or whatever it is talk .. lol put the motor in it so the guys with the nice lil modified 5.9's can make fun of ya when they out run you! and they have less work and money in there trucks doin it. it's just wrong lol WD

·
Time for Johnination
127 Posts
I say, if you already have the motor, then go for it. I dont take side as far as mopar, ford, chevy, etc...
The only reason I bought my dakota was because my moms friends son was selling it and he only wanted $1,800 for it, and he let me make payments on it. Before I got it, I was looking for a Ford Bronco, which I was still going to get one until my dad gave me a jeep CJ5 with the springs fliped over acle and a 4 in lift leafs on it and a big black(probably chevy) that he has sitting in the garage.

In the end, if you already have the engine, do it. If you have to buy it, just look for the best deal on whatever engine you like and one that gives you the most bang for your buck. I'm all for being different, most people keep it mopar, so go ahead and drop a chevy in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.