Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got a question for someone who may know, whats the best way to integrate my ipod into my stereo? I have a 97 with the infinity premium sound and I want to play my ipod. I have been using the cassette adapter but I keep hearing the tape winding, I've tried the fm transmitter but it didnt work so well on the mount considering I'd hit it on every up shift. I want to hardwire an aux cable into my stock headunit. I have the one with the cd and cassette built in and I want to keep it original because i believe it looks tacky when you throw an aftermarket one in there with all different lights. I just want to hardwire a cord off the back of the headunit and run it down behind everything, under the carpet and just put up in the center. Let me know if you have any insight thank you

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
If you're worried about lighting, there are aftermarket radios that have variable color display and buttons. The Kenwood I have does, and I have it set to match the interior lights, looks like it came with the truck from the factory!

·
Registered
977 Posts
ya good luck I went to a kenwood and they have a cable that plugs into the back of the deck and just run it were ever you want

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
The best option you are going to have is to use a "hard wired" FM transmitter. Had one on one of my cars for a while for the satellite radio. Worked pretty good with no interference when listening to the satellite but killed the reception when trying to listen to normal radio.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the insight im gonna try that ipod interface thing for the back of the radio

·
Premium Member
17,622 Posts
Don't waste your money on the one Moparman has in his 2004. They have a different radio interface in them. It won't work on your '97.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The best option you are going to have is to use a "hard wired" FM transmitter. Had one on one of my cars for a while for the satellite radio. Worked pretty good with no interference when listening to the satellite but killed the reception when trying to listen to normal radio.
we had one of those in my wifes old car, and I found it did kill the radio reception, but if you turned the satilite radio off, it worked fine.

was like this:

http://www.tss-radio.com/installation-accessories/vehicle-installation-accessories/power-and-noise-filters/fm-direct-adapter-fmda25.html

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,225 Posts
I have seen factory stereos on ebay that have been modified with a 3.5mm jack that an ipod can connect to, it wouldn't be able to keep it charged though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts