·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
85 Posts
wykdrt said:
Anyone ever use these tires. I read the reviews on them and there are a couple lightning guys using them and a quad cab dakota. I was planning on gettin them for my 20's. They seem like a deciently priced tire.

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?tirebrand=Hankook&tiremodel=Ventus+ST+RH06
sup man i got those meats on my 20's and i love them. people always mistake them for toyos, but i love the groove pattern in them. the only down fall of them is that they are a very hard compound tire and your dak/rango will pull if the road is uneven. But that wasn't all that bad being that after 3oo miles put on my rims this summer i got a screw that was driven into my tire and it didnt even break the meat. other then that go for it.

the rims i got my meats pressed on are these. Tell me wha you think.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet man those are some bad rims. I got michelin 4x4 damaris tires on my kmc stealth 20's right now and they wore like crap. The rears are totally bald and i didn't peal out in them at all and plus they were 285 a piece. Saw on 1010 tires website that a couple lightning guys had them on their truck and liked them. If you don't mind me asking what size did you get and how much did they set you back. i am looking at getting 275/40-20 for mine. Those tires seem reasonably priced.

As for them pulling i am use to it cause the michelins do that now. Their a horrible tire. Good grip but everything else sucks about them.

Thanks for the info. :mullet:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here's my truck with the kmc's

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
wykdrt said:
Sweet man those are some bad rims. I got michelin 4x4 damaris tires on my kmc stealth 20's right now and they wore like crap. The rears are totally bald and i didn't peal out in them at all and plus they were 285 a piece. Saw on 1010 tires website that a couple lightning guys had them on their truck and liked them. If you don't mind me asking what size did you get and how much did they set you back. i am looking at getting 275/40-20 for mine. Those tires seem reasonably priced.

As for them pulling i am use to it cause the michelins do that now. Their a horrible tire. Good grip but everything else sucks about them.

Thanks for the info. :mullet:

I GOT A PACKAGE DEAL WHEN I GOT THE 20'S. I GOT THE 20'S AND THE MEATS FOR 1800 BRAND NEW OFF A WEBSITE. THEY CUT ME A HELLY DEAL BECAUSE THEY SHIP FOR FREE. BUT THE TIRES RUN ABOUT 225 A PEICE. IT'S NOTHING BUT I GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL LUV THE TIRES WHEN YOU PUT THEM ON BECAUSE THEY BRING OUT YOUR RIMS WAY MORE THEN THE MICH'S. TOYOS, OR HANKOOK VENTUS ARE THE ONLY TIRES I WILL PUT ON MY DAK (OH AND PERRELLI'S BUT THOSE ARE LIKE 3 PLUS A TIRE) THE SIZE I WENT WITH IS 275/45/20 BUT I SEE THAT YOUR TRUCK IS LOWERED SO YOU MAY WANNA GO WITH A LOWER PROFILE

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BlackDak said:
Why, when I do a search for wheels on that site, do they list nothing in a 20 for a Dakota?
Try not looking for dak tires. Just do a search for regular 20" tires. Or search by a size. The reason your not finding anything is because dakotas don't come with factory 20's and there probably isn't anything that matches perfectly with the stock tires that are on a dakota.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I found this through an ad in Truckin' magazine. Any experience with them? The first wheel is the one I am looking at.

I was looking for wheels on that other site, but none came up.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
need a link or something

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya i like those rims. However if you don't have to get them in chrome i wouldn't. My experience with chrome isn't a good one. Maybe its just kmc's chrome but they are chipping and rusting like crazy. I'm lookin to maybe get rid of them and get the boze stinger 6's in 18's or 20's in polished finish. Here's a pic of them

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a guy on KRC's website that has them in 18's and they look sick. I just have to figure out the backspacing on them. Here's a pic of the truck. If anyone knows what the backspacing is that would be awsome.

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
back spacing i'm not sure but the bolt pattern is 6x4.5 i think

·
Registered
90 Posts
wykdrt said:
ya i like those rims. However if you don't have to get them in chrome i wouldn't. My experience with chrome isn't a good one. Maybe its just kmc's chrome but they are chipping and rusting like crazy. I'm lookin to maybe get rid of them and get the boze stinger 6's in 18's or 20's in polished finish. Here's a pic of them
If you think chrome is bad, just wait until you get polished. They're a bitch and a half to keep clean and they never seem to keep their original luster. I had polished 17's and had to clean them at least twice a week to keep them looking good. I just stepped up to chrome 20's and it's like night and day. I can get away with just wiping off the chrome every couple of weeks (even though I do it more often) and they look good as new. I've known a few other people will polished billets on their trucks that have switched to chrome and they all say they'll never go back. Just a little info for you :biggthump

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe its just KMC chrome then. I mean my rims are ok, and the chrome isn't that bad but there are some fine scratches in them and it seems like the chrome is chipping off around the lug nuts and a couple other places on the spokes in the rim. Convienently they didn't start chipping till the warranty was over and now KMC moved to Japan or something like that. Another thing is i think the rims are out of round. Cause the wheel shakes like hell when i'm driving with them on. When i put my stock 17's on it goes away. Its got me boggled why. Plus the other issue of my rear end walking to the right on me. Haven't figured that one out yet either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts