Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my tailgate welded up today and the inside panel fixed to hold the handle....she's got to be smooth damnit! :biggthump

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
suffolk_mopar said:
you doing the work or having it done?
be sure to post after pics
I do all my own work, I'm a body/paint man by trade, I manage a bodyshop at a Honda/Chrysler dealership so any free time I get over the winter will be spent on my Dakota until I get it finished. I will post pics of all the work until I'm done so y'all keep a eye out in this section. :biggthump

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
99durango318 said:
Nooo!!! Please get rid of the cock eyed lisence plate!!!
LOL...hell no that aint a cock eyed tag box!.....I hate that crap, thats the inside panel that you take off to remove the handle, I took a cut off wheel and cut threw the high spots of the ridges, hammered them down and welded them up and then cut the new hole in it once I got it flat for the handle.

·
Registered
728 Posts
WUWU20 said:
I do all my own work, I'm a body/paint man by trade, I manage a bodyshop at a Honda/Chrysler dealership so any free time I get over the winter will be spent on my Dakota until I get it finished. I will post pics of all the work until I'm done so y'all keep a eye out in this section. :biggthump

i applaud anyone who does thier own work.

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
WUWU20 said:
Got it in primer today, turning out nice so far. :biggthump
Looks AWESOME man. I always hated those 3rd brake lights. I wanna shave the one on my cab. Thinking about the Lexan window with the 3rd in it. Not sure, just know I don't want my slider. I hate em. Smooth windows look SOOO much better

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
YellaDakRT said:
Looks AWESOME man. I always hated those 3rd brake lights. I wanna shave the one on my cab. Thinking about the Lexan window with the 3rd in it. Not sure, just know I don't want my slider. I hate em. Smooth windows look SOOO much better
Agree, sliders suck. :biggthump

·
Registered
744 Posts
YellaDakRT said:
I don't want my slider. I hate em. Smooth windows look SOOO much better
I agree, I've been looking for a smooth rear window as well. Its funny, back in the 70's-80's sliders were all the craze, I think they were so popular because the hillbillies could talk to their kids without hanging out the side windows. :joke: Lord I apologize for what I said...... and be with the starving pigmies

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.