Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I hate you people.
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, this isn't one of the newer ones with the 4.0L V6, I'm talking older than my truck by 10 years. And sounded like an I4 with an exhaust leak.
On my way to work, coming into town, these kids in this Pathfinder were heading the same way as I was and we were on the same route for several miles. We ended up side by side at the stop lights three times. First two times the punk gunned it but every time I got up to the speed limit while he was still accelerating. After the second time, I had enough and had to put this punk in his place. Once the light turned green, we both gunned it but it was not a mercy kill: by the time he turned off onto another road, I was already 3 to 5 car lengths ahead of him.
Oh, and my mods are K&N FIPK, e3 DiamondFire spark plugs, Dwight TB, and Royal Purple in the trans, transfer case, and both axles.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
You could have beat that Pathfinder with a mountain bike....

·
I hate you people.
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I was bragging, I would have put a smiley in the first post. I really wasn't looking for a race, especially in front of the Highway Patrol headquarters. :funny: I'm sure some of you have had to teach some kids like this guy a lesson on how you are not all that and a bag of chips.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Everywhere I go, it doesn't matter which of my Dakota's I am in, there is always a group of dumbass kids in some raggedy ass car/truck/SUV who always tries to fuck with me. I'll always toy around with them, but in the end, like Buford T Justice said in Smokey & The Bandit, " He didn't get away from me, I let him escape, you see what I'm doing? Playing with him like a cat plays with a mouse, the mouse jumps this way and I grab him with my paw, the mouse jumps that way and I grab him with my paw, and then finally I squash his ass" lol

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
v6 camry's run 14.5 in the 1/4, i wouldn't be so quick to dismiss them like they're slow :D

this wasn't oen of the newer ones. i still ruined him though.

not many ppl wanna play ball with the focus though. maybe it's cause the durango had an exhaust tip sticking out the back bumper so it looked modded. either way teh focus gets no bites. there's a lot of ppl out there driving super aggressively and more and more fast... but no one wants to play with a 4banger :jester:

·
Back in black
18,381 Posts
No, this isn't one of the newer ones with the 4.0L V6, I'm talking older than my truck by 10 years. And sounded like an I4 with an exhaust leak.
On my way to work, coming into town, these kids in this Pathfinder were heading the same way as I was and we were on the same route for several miles. We ended up side by side at the stop lights three times. First two times the punk gunned it but every time I got up to the speed limit while he was still accelerating. After the second time, I had enough and had to put this punk in his place. Once the light turned green, we both gunned it but it was not a mercy kill: by the time he turned off onto another road, I was already 3 to 5 car lengths ahead of him.
Oh, and my mods are K&N FIPK and Dwight TB.
Fixed. :eek:nethumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts