Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use this? 2" cooils and 2" blocks with shocks? How will this ride? Etc? Thanks, Phil

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
philje said:
Anyone use this? 2" cooils and 2" blocks with shocks? How will this ride? Etc? Thanks, Phil
Not good! I had that drop on my R/T for over a year and I couldn't wait to get it off of there. The back rode so stiff...I will say that the front won't be near as bad as the back if you get the right shocks. I am actually thinking about lowering it again, but definitely not with blocks. I would go with shackles.

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
really? you like the western chassis? i never knew anyone that used them so i never even bothered checking into them. id rather go with the hotchkis but the $$ is killer.

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
Well i haven't used them i wen with 3" springs in the front and belltech rear hangers. I heard that western chassis wakes some good stuff. Yeah i hear ya on the hotchkis, the price is steep buy if ya want it to handle like a porsche thats what ya want.

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
i did a little searching today and the western uses a lower control arm and a coil spring to drop the front. hotchkis only uses a coil spring up front. western uses a shackle and ADJUSTABLE hanger kit for the rear. hocthkis uses just a rear leaf spring. prices for a western 3/5 drop $620, hotchkis for a 2/3 drop $439 but you really want the tvs $875. i dont know the western is more expensive for just the drop, but you going lower to the ground...decisions decisions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts