Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get a cervinis bumper but don't know if i should only because i want the grilles to match, i have the chrome street scene grilles and don't know if they make them that big to fit into the cervinis bumper, help if you know, thanks.

·
Registered
406 Posts
As far as i know SS only makes the custom cut grilles for their products, but other then that you could always make your own.

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thought about making my own. is it hard to make them?

·
Registered
548 Posts
weld aluminum?? isn't that shit like really damn hard? I've never done it myself, but might as well make a discussion out of it. :biggthump Is it really as hard as everyone says, or is it just an urban myth?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Supossedly it's not exactly hard, but it takes alot of practice, i have heard the amperage has to be PERFECT, and you can't over heat it...i think it's just more experience then anything...but you can definitly weld it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
i think its one of those things that if you dont know what your doing dont try it. kinda like painting a body kit with the wrong materials

·
Registered
121 Posts
Corepred4 said:
thought about making my own. is it hard to make them?
umm depends on the material, i just bought extra mesh that they use in the grill that they sell. like 30 bucks for two 12' x 36 sheet. i just fabbed it in. and yes hot glue guns can be used. i have driven for an entire year and havn't had any problems with them falling off or apart. not to mention the small run at 127 from vegas and they still tight as they were when i glued em in. the bottom ones are screwed in tho. if you want matching mesh, look around for aluminum similar its easy to mess with.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Someone should try to make a custom grill that'll fill up the entire grillshell of a dak. Like those skull grilles and flame grilles that go on full sizes. Anyone know how to do that?

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Street Scene does not sell raw grille material, but you can buy one of the really big one-piece grilles that goes into vehicles similar to the Ford Expedition and modify/cut that to fit the Cervini's Grille Shell. You won't need to do any welding, just shape and cut the grille in the appropriate places. It would probably be best to make a wooden mold of the openings and shape the grille using a rubber mallet (SS grille material is pretty flexible) before making your cuts, but it could also be measured and cut by eye.

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dakotasv helpful pic

i've been looking for pics of a dak with the cervinis bumper but without that two piece cervinis grill, i guess. dakota sv thanks for the pic, just swayed me into getting it. of course my truck is gonna be in green though and i'll just get the mesh grilles to put into the bumper and just keep my street scene grilles for the grille. hopefully its not that noticeable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts