Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very interested in changing the grill inserts to the mesh look. My only concern is the hood release. How do you access it when the mesh is installed? Please let me know how this set up works because I would like to change the look. Thanks

· July Truck of the Month
572 Posts
Do a search on this site for grill insert instructions there are a ton of threads on it. Basically it consists of a small t-handle and some wrapped cable that is connected to the inside of the grill and left hanging low enough for you to grab it when you pop your hood. The SS grill include the kit for it

· Registered
1,177 Posts
if you order the street scene grill inserts it'll come with a t-handle. you could always use a screw driver to open the hood too.

· Drop and destroy!!
209 Posts
:help: Or if your grill doesn't come with a hood latch relocator like a lot of the billet grills, you get yourself a drill and a piece of wire like a coat hanger and make up something like this. This is for all the cheap a$$es out there like me. Total cost = $0.00

This allows you to pop your hood simply by reaching under the grill and pushing up on the folded end of the wire. Stainless steel rod works great too cause it's strong and won't rust. Mine is not stainless steel in these pics obviously. :rant: Old pics cause it's changed now. Hope this helps you out some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.