Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know its short notice but i got my new converter in and i am going to take my truck to the track and see if i can get a full run this time.

im going to great lakes dragway
as long as it dont rain my brother and my dad and me are going to race
(2- 1963 plymouths one street car one drag car and then my truck)

if any body wants to meet up there ill be there haha
im going saturday nov 14 they open at nine ill be there around 10 or so i figure...

hope to see ya up there

·
My horns hold up my halo!
5,992 Posts
man..... i only live about 20 mins away from martin dragway (if thats the one your talking about) right on 131 if your heading north. i would be down but i have a damn wedding to go to :(

maybe next time bro

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh shit its in wisconsin sorry bud should have been more specific for anyone interested its~

Great Lakes Dragaway is located 10 miles north of the Illinois/Wisconsin state line, 5 miles west of Interstate 94, Exit 337, Highway KR (Kenosha/Racine County Line) 1 mile east of US highway 45.

heres the website (with a map)
http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/index.php?page=findus

:sorry:

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
if i didn't have to work i would go i want to see what my truck runs with a stock 360. what time you going to be there to? i might swing that way after work i dont know how long im going to have to work.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was there from about 9:30 till they stoped running @4 or so

i got a few pics i was there with two 63 plymouths one white and one silver

ill post them up after dinner for you all to take a look at!!!

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
what did it run?? i couldn't make it, had to work late.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my best was a 13.93 and that was with me letting off, i was running WAY lean at the top end so im going to upgrade the fuel system it was running out of gas just after the half track mark

i tried to post up a pick of my dads car but photobucket is being a dick to me and for some reason the attach is failing
im not sure whats up

but my dads car pulled the front end up WAY high it was high enough you could walk under it!!! only down side it that it smacked the oil pan kinda good no leaks and it didnt lose any oil pres. but still put it on the trailer for good measure
ive got a few picks ill try to send them in a private message that might work...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it feels great!!! on the street its wicked with crazy wheel spin my 60 foot was 2.001 (that was the best but like i said im having fuel issues at the top end so i have not got a complete pass in yet :(

im using a edge performance it was really cheap price wise lol might not last long but it saved me a lot of cash and so far im happy cant complain right?

ive got a 408- intake- heads- cam- rockers- springs- injectors- throttle body- sct tuner- and the tranny has had some work also

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im sorry i thought i put it up there ive got a 3000 stall, its hard to say what it was with stock one beacuse i messed the tranny up before i got to make a pass lol

but with the seat of you pants dyno run haha its a huge gain! i would say go for it
maybe for everyday street driving you dont need a 3000 stall its a bit much but its fun lol

i shopped around and lot of people said martin saine and viper and another place and then this edge place everyone gave quotes of about $900 and this place said $500 i think

http://www.edgeracingconverters.com/

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i bought one of the power trax lockers for the street.. stay away from that... it was crap!!!
it didnt last one summer!

ive got just a sure grip from mopar perf. very happy with it! along with the stock 3.55 gear

kindda want to get 3.91 or ever go for the gold and get 4.10 hahaha

·
Registered
903 Posts
Ive got a guy on here selling me an auburn limited slip. I'de go 4.10s for sure, they aren't even bad on the highway if thats a concern. What do you have under the hood of that getting you 13.9's

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive got a 408 the steel r/t heads like 220/ 230 with like 520 lift cam (cant really remeber the specs on the cam those are ball park numbers lol) comp cam 1.6 rockers/ springs M1 intake 24lbs injectors- holly 52mm throttle body- msd coil - and i have a zex set up but have not used it yet with this set up

im also looking to change the wires to homeade extra thick insultated wires and then a 6al msd ingition box and some new plugs aswell

im thinking it should be in the 12's

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
i got those pics of your dads car damn that is a hell of a wheelie!! what are the specs on the 440?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its just a 440 bored 60 over Alum. indy heads and intake idk cam numbers but i know its big lol

1150 or a 1050 single four barrel
its nothing all that fantastic just runs really good haha no power adders either
just a heavy right foot haha

its got a fiberglass hood and bumpers
the rest is steel

·
COTTON the outlaw
8,175 Posts
Next time you head up there let me know.. Its only a ten minute drive for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok no prob im perty good about posting stuff in here unless its a spur of the moment thing.

i was hoping to go up one more time this year but im not sure if its going to happen or not

1 - 19 of 19 Posts