Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gotta snot nosed punk who wants to race he has a 2001 Dakota 4.7 Regular Cab 2wd with Duals as his only mod. I have a 2004 Durango Hemi Limited. which would win? I think I can take him but I just want to know ur take on it

·
Scared? We're all scared
168 Posts
i'd have to say the hemi. it's putting out more ponies and torque.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know though due to the shear weight of the Durango. I can out run a Durango R/T right now with no trouble and I have a club cab dakota with a 4.7L auto. I honestly don't know flame. that would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It would be close, I think...

The Hemi may have more ponies, but it is sitting in a Durango, which has WAY more weight and the 4x4 gear to deal with....

Let us know how it turns out....

DZ

Flameddak said:
I gotta snot nosed punk who wants to race he has a 2001 Dakota 4.7 Regular Cab 2wd with Duals as his only mod. I have a 2004 Durango Hemi Limited. which would win? I think I can take him but I just want to know ur take on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
4.7 vs hemi

Greetings fellow mopar truckers, my first post. I'm going to say the dakota will win. If the dakota is a 5spd and the kid can drive I think the dakota has a .5 sec advantage at least. If the truck is an auto the out come would still be the same, just a little closer race . Do it and let us know. my .02.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It would be close.

The Durangos are heavier but the HEMI's got power.
If the 4.7 is a manual he would probably win.
I wouldn't bet on it but it would be interesting to find out. :drive:

·
Bitches come and get some
1,104 Posts
I think the Dakota will edge him out, but it will be close the whole time.

·
Registered
396 Posts
the dakota will probably take the durango off the line but the durango will start passing him up

·
Registered
63 Posts
What is the weight difference between the hemi durrango and a hemi QC ram? My friend has one. I have a RC 4.7 5 speed 3.92. He was ahead of me and we both punched it at the same time. I was catching him slow until I shifted to 4th gear where I really started to catch him fast. If the weights are near the same with a rango and ram, its gonna be a close one but I give it to the dakota.

·
Registered
165 Posts
ok i'm a R/T guy obvously, when i look at it a regular cab rt is faster than a club cab rt. Same engine weight is the factor, the durango has more weight but more ponies, the 4.7 reg cab is lighter but less ponies. Lighter is better in my instincts. I've seen so many flames between the 4.7 guys and the R/T guys and to be frankly honest with you they are both good engines and are equal in my eyes. A 5.9 R/T reg cab is just as fast or a little faster then the 4.7. The reason the 4.7 is aluminum, less weight.
I hate to say it man but i'm going to say the 4.7 is going to edge you out, but i would race him anyways. A good race is always fun. Just be cool about it and chat afterwards and compliment each other on the others car. I've been smoked so many times by guys who were pricks before i raced them then when i was done i went and talked to them and complimented them on their car/truck and they ended up bein nice guys and tellin me that they were supprised at how good my truck ran for a truck. They expected worse.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I think the Dak will win.

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Seeing how it has been a year to the day I suspect the race has already been called. What were the results?
I'm going out on a limb here....but I think it's safe to say the 4.7 edged the hemi durango.

·
Registered
155 Posts
TraMotorsports said:
its gonna be a close one. I've seen a bone stock hemi durango at the track run a 15.1 already.
More like the mid 16's. I have raced all three Hemi's, the 1500, 1500 Club Cab, and the Hemi Durango. The 1500 reg. cab was the fastest of the three, running about a low to mid. 15.

I beat them all with a [email protected] time.

Gota love it............... :biggthump

Oh......... and I think it would be a close race.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts