Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well folks, the fun is beginning. started the teardown (a week ago) on the v8 i just got a while back, off ebay. heres some pics to hold ya over...

any sugestions on what color to paint the block? whats the best way to do this too? metal wire brush for a drill?? i was thinking on doing it in teal like the color of my truck, and have the intakem mopar cast aluminum valve covers, timing chain cover and harmonic balancer done in grey like the wheels.

let me know what you all think..
thanks
jim

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
MoPaR DaK said:
Sure that a 92's intake? For the block painting... Race Hemi Orange duh! :D :D
thats what the guy said it came out of, 92 dodge ram..... :hammer:

fuel line has a return line in it. i believe that and the the 1993 model years were like that. 1994 on up had a returnless system.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
dakman said:
That looks real clean, I'd like to see a bigger pic of the truck. I'm a gen 2 guy myself.
here you go...(notice the tire marks...hehehe)

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
That thing looks like it's already be torn down and rebuilt. Did you clean it up for the pictures? What are you porting, the TB or the manifold?

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
N56629 said:
That thing looks like it's already be torn down and rebuilt. Did you clean it up for the pictures? What are you porting, the TB or the manifold?
im porting and polishing the heads. didnt clean nothing yet..lol

just finished the heads. i think they came out ok, for my first time porting them. we shall see. i need to get a new cam and valvetrain setup. anyone have recommendations? im thinking .480 or so intake and .495 exhaust. dont want to go much bigger than that due to the fact of the sniffer test and all that. will be a daily driver for a while, till i find a poop box to beat...er um i mean drive to work... :biggthump

tried searching for places that sell these cams, but havent found anything i liked yet... :help:

or should i just go with the r/t cam with 1.7rr's?? that would put me close to what im thinking....hmmm....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts