Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dad and I put money down on a 2000 dakota. It has a 4.7 with automatic tranny, club cab, new tires and a soft tonneu cover. 150k on the motor starts up and runs strong. We paid 1410 for it. Catch is it was hit in the front end and needs new bumper, driver side fender, hood, and some misc body work. Should have it on the road and painted for 2100 or so we hope.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Not a bad deal...pics?

Before I got mine I was on the edge of buying a 06 with 50k on it, 4.7 ext cab 4x4 with pretty much no options on it that needed a new bed, door, front and rear bumpers and front passenger fender. It was the same price as I paid for my truck, 3800. But I talked to them and it needed brakes and tires on it to and I just didn't have THAT much to spend. Unfortunatly, my truck needs almost as much as that one did into it, just the normal stuff on mine though. Ball joints/tie rod ends and steering rack that I already did. Next once my new check card gets here tomorrow I'm ordering up brakes all around, powertrax lock-right, some kind of exhaust, intake, tires soon after and new door speakers to go with the sub I put in already. I'm going to be broke DAMN soon...I still need new tires for the 450r and probably some other goodies for that aswell.

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Sounds like a good deal.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I just ordered the parts for my truck today for a light front left hit. I had $1300 in parts. But I bought all brand new parts. Lol. Luckily they aren't hard to fix. Check my pics in the bad news forum.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As she sits now

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aye it does need a new core support and radiator.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I just ordered the parts for my truck today for a light front left hit. I had $1300 in parts. But I bought all brand new parts. Lol. Luckily they aren't hard to fix. Check my pics in the bad news forum.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
we bought an 02 that we think come out of Katrina for 500 to use for parts to rebuild this one. Grand total 1900 into two trucks.
Just bought a full brush guard(really nice one) and nerf bars off a friends brother for 150 bucks. Threw in a partial lift, mudflaps, and taillight covers as well.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well on its way to being on the road again, another week or so and it will be done

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sweet, take some pics when its done.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
keeping a photo journal thing going now.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
nice truck not too badly wrecked at all.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts