Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
auto tech
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my truck dynoed on sat it got 190.1 RWHP and 249.2 torque and then I did a run with a 50 shot of nitrous and got 223.5 RWHP and 300.9 torque what do you think I thought this was a little low. I guess I should tell you what truck I got it's a 2000 Dakota 4x4 4.7l manuel trans the mods I have done are the regular, intake, custom exhaust, and a 50 shot of nitrous. I converted the rear wheel horsepower and torque to flywheel and this is what I got, without nitrous 218.61 HP 286.51 TQ, with nitrous 257.02 HP 345.33 TQ

·
Registered
123 Posts
It doesn't sound too far off. The power is effected by everything you do. The fluids run for oil, transmission, differentials, and transfer case effect your power output. And don't forget about the ratio of you rear end effects how hard your truck has to work to spin the wheels, like gears on a bike.
If you put it all together...your truck is running pretty well.

·
Banned
6,056 Posts
YAAAABUDDY03 said:
Seems a LITTLE low... but you gotta understand,... you got lots of extra parts moving,.... aka... 4x4,... t-casing, stuff like that.
How? The front driveshaft doesn't spin, the front differential doesn't spin, and the front wheels don't spin. The ONLY thing that would affect power on a 4x4 vs. a 2wd on a Dyno, would be the internals of the transfercase. In a real world Dyno run this should prove little difference compared to a 2wd.

In the real world though, everything WILL be spinning, and the added weight will make a difference. Of course there is the larger tires usually associated with a 4x4, which would also make a huge difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.