Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, seems like I'm the only one who posts here in this section. Don't you new Durango owners like your new SUV? I'm trying to bring aboard some performance and aftermarket parts for our Durangos, and no one posts. If I could ask, how many 2004+ Durango owners are on this site? Can we do a roll call or sorts? In order to get aftermarket manufactorers to buy in and build stuff for our SUVs they need input from us. I've called everyone who I think is important on many parts, and even offered up my D to help.
For instance, Powerdyne has an idea for a supercharged application for the Hemi D, but won't have anything ready until afte the new year. Email them, tell them you want one. No cutting a hole in the oil pan. Super easy install, less than 8 hours. Very basic kit, yet still could add as much as 40% HP and TQ.
Next is VIS racing. They need at least 20 people who want after market hoods for a particular vehicle before they will make one. How about a cowl viper style hood (center vent), or cobra style with cowl (vent on both side of the cowl)?
These aftermarket people are looking to us for what they need to survive in this market.
If you want these kinds of parts, email vis racing, tell them you would like a cowl hood or some sort of aftermaket hood for your new Durango.

[email protected] (request a Vis hood)
[email protected] (tell 'em you want a truely painless supercharger)

You know, if one company starts to make a kit, the other will follow, it's all part of commerce.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Rick75 has an 04 hemi Durango.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Absolutely, and I LOVE it! Gotta temper the goodies for a little bit to keep the wifey happy. Slowly but surely the add-ons are coming. I'm waiting for Superchips to come out with something for the 04 D. That's hopefully the next big purchase. So for now, I keep playing PowerBall....

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
we'll talk to ya

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just bought one on Friday. I came from the Darkside!!! I love this truck! I have an 04 Durango Hemi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently picked up an '04 SLT 4x4 with a 4.7L. I love it. It sure rides alot better than the 2003 Ram QC that I traded in on it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Okay, so you inspired me to register. Spent the last few years on DTO forum and I find this sight better for my Durango side of brain. My '04 replaced an '00 4X4 Durango (which I still miss on occasion). I put it's CAI on my Dakota when I traded it in so I'm looking to build one for the '04 soon. Will get pictures someday.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 04 Durango limited with the 5.7 Hemi and all the goodies. It's a great SUV. :biggthump
My wife drives it most of the time so I have not done any mods to it yet but would like to this coming summer. Perhaps a performance chip and change the intake and exhaust.

J

·
0 Posts
05 Hemi

Ive Had Mine For A Little Over A Month,bought It Used With 21k,its A Limited [rental Return] It Was A Dollar Rent A Car.paid Under 20k Which I Think Was A Steal.i Love It So Far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We bought an 04 Durango last October and so far we love it. Other than the fuel mileage its an outstanding vehicle. Its a basic model (ST) but the dealer put the optional chrome Dodge wheels and new Goodyear tires on it to make it look and sell better and I got them to throw in a set of Dodge chrome tube running boards also. Along with Dodge mudguards and air deflector I installed it looks like a whole new truck. It has the 4.7L engine and I was quite impressed with the power that small of an engine has. I put in a K&N air filter too.

Fortunately it was optioned with the towing package so I now am able to tow a small trailer and 325 gallon water tank (about 3200 lbs altogether loaded) to fill my well in drought stricken Central Illinois where I live. It tows like a champ and has great brakes too. In fact the truck is better riding, quieter, smoother and much roomier than the 97 Grand Prix GT I had. It has the AWD single speed transfer case and other than to see if it worked I have never had to use the 4WD setting, even in deep snow. In fact it has't even spun the wheels in the snow so far. Dodge had their stuff together when they redesigned the Durango as this is far better than the older Durangos I test drove before I got this one. I especially like the 90 degree rear side doors opening. Lets me get my young daughter in and buckled up with no sweat.

I don't have any plans to performance it up as it's a family vehicle but I sure do like it. :banana2:

·
Registered
96 Posts
im on my 3rd 2nd gen

·
Registered
39 Posts
I traded my 03 SLT for an 04 Hemi Limited last August. It's loaded to the gills, had less than 4K miles and was less than $20K...not a bad deal in my book.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts