Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I blew up my Saturn for the last time and in the process of parting it out. I had many many many years and dollars into that thing and wanted something to just drive. This thing is a complete blast to drive and is exactly what I wanted. Yes its a little dirty, I just picked it up today and wanted to do nothing but drive. This car is in excellent shape for an 88.

·
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive!
876 Posts
Nos?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
thats what it looks like....

kid aroudn here has an 86 thats black like that...i ran him with my 2.2 sunfire...i pulled on him up to about 75...then he pulls very slowly.

gonna turbo it?

·
Low 'N Slow
635 Posts
Nice clean swap, what motor is it?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its a LT1/T56 pullout from a 95 Trans Am. How could you say its a dry shot? The pic clearly shows 2 lines going to the single fogger and one line coming from the fuel rail, the other from the firewall. Its a 125 shot Zex wet. Has minor mods, Hedman headers, Comp 306 cam, 1.6 roller rockers. Did 445rwhp/448rwtq on the 125 shot.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Its a LT1/T56 pullout from a 95 Trans Am. How could you say its a dry shot? The pic clearly shows 2 lines going to the single fogger and one line coming from the fuel rail, the other from the firewall. Its a 125 shot Zex wet. Has minor mods, Hedman headers, Comp 306 cam, 1.6 roller rockers. Did 445rwhp/448rwtq on the 125 shot.
truth be told...i only looked at the nitrous lines...not the actual motor,lol.

I bet that thing must haul ASS...that much power in such a light car.

May i ask how much that cost you?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, I wish it was LS1, but this thing is plenty for what it is. The engine is very strong, I'll rock it till I break it haha. I'm new to this whole rwd with power thing, the rear certainly likes to comes around with ease if I don't watch it. I'll see if I can snag some video tomorrow. It got a Magnaflow xpipe muffler into 2 fart cans, sounds surprisingly amazing and looks ricetastic until the key is turned on.

The car weighed in at just over 2900lbs with full tank of gas and no driver. Its a 88 turbo II RX-7 with full interior and all the options, leather, moonroof, power windows. I grabbed it for 7k.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Yup, I wish it was LS1, but this thing is plenty for what it is. The engine is very strong, I'll rock it till I break it haha. I'm new to this whole rwd with power thing, the rear certainly likes to comes around with ease if I don't watch it. I'll see if I can snag some video tomorrow. It got a Magnaflow xpipe muffler into 2 fart cans, sounds surprisingly amazing and looks ricetastic until the key is turned on.
prolly the stock fart pipes...id give it that rice look too..then when a v8 roars.

when ya gonna start drifting it?

and answer my other question...lol

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
Looks like a dry shot of n2o to me. Nice car!
Then what's the other line on the nossle for? :funny:

I was about to say you made a big mistake, but I see the problem was already remedied.

·
I need 2 more cylinders!!
392 Posts
Nice ride, lots easier to swing the rear around than the dak and I bet it handles just as good if not better than the old saturn.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I prefer Chezda RX-5.7, it sounds cool haha. I was hoping to get video but its raining and yeah....traction.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts