Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
i would say yes. it has all the basics, has a nice little case, and its only $80

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would say yes. it has all the basics, has a nice little case, and its only $80
Yea, I have a 50 dollar gift card too. I can always use it at sears, ahah

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
thats a pretty good deal. i just bought a blue-point 1/4 drive set for $105. the only prob i have w/ craftsman is their ratchets. they wear out and start slipping after a couple months. they also dont have as many teeth as the blue point/snap on which can be a bitch at times. also, make sure that whatever kit you buy comes with 6pt sockets instead of 12. less likely to strip your shit.

·
TKO'ed
1,591 Posts
Holy crap, you're finally buying one. I would get a toolbox of some sort and fill that. Wire cutters, wire, electrical tape, zip ties, spark plug deep socket/extensions, extra spark plugs, gap tool, screw drivers, nut drivers wrenches, various pliers, loc tite, anti sieze, silicone, etc. That's what I use the most.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy crap, you're finally buying one. I would get a toolbox of some sort and fill that. Wire cutters, wire, electrical tape, zip ties, spark plug deep socket/extensions, extra spark plugs, gap tool, screw drivers, nut drivers wrenches, various pliers, loc tite, anti sieze, silicone, etc. That's what I use the most.
Damn I don't plan on rebuilding it, haha. You carry a lot of shit.

·
TKO'ed
1,591 Posts
It's really not that much stuff. It all fits in one tool box. The thing is you could have used half that stuff the night we were at Cecil. It's better to have all that stuff than to be stuck at the track because your O2 wiring melted on the exhaust and you forgot to bring a zip tie and some electrical tape. Or say your radiator hose blows off and now you need a hose clamp and a nut driver. It's all cheap insurance.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's really not that much stuff. It all fits in one tool box. The thing is you could have used half that stuff the night we were at Cecil. It's better to have all that stuff than to be stuck at the track because your O2 wiring melted on the exhaust and you forgot to bring a zip tie and some electrical tape. Or say your radiator hose blows off and now you need a hose clamp and a nut driver. It's all cheap insurance.
True, might look into the tray tool box thing then, with an open top to put stuff in.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I bought that kit and the cool thing is it has a small space to put various small tools in. Should work out fine, might get a canves bag for the rest of the stuff and carry stuff in a big foot locker.

·
Administrator
12,185 Posts
Meh, sears/craftsman stuff is always overpriced. I bought a 200+ piece kit from Lowe's a couple of years ago for $40, everything has worked like a charm.

Next time you order from Sears, you can use coupon code SDEALS817 for $5 off $50+, or code 777 for $7 off $70+.

I lug a ton of crap to the track - always want to be prepared. I keep everything stocked in two large plastic storage bins, easy to transport and stack at the track. One is full of tools and misc. spare parts, the other one has all of my waxes/cleaners/towels/etc.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lady actually gave me a friends and family discount for 10%, never even met her, haha.

I will stock up for sure, or take crap out of my regular tool box.

·
17,623 Posts
thats a pretty good deal. i just bought a blue-point 1/4 drive set for $105. the only prob i have w/ craftsman is their ratchets. they wear out and start slipping after a couple months. they also dont have as many teeth as the blue point/snap on which can be a bitch at times. also, make sure that whatever kit you buy comes with 6pt sockets instead of 12. less likely to strip your shit.
I've never had a problem with any of my Craftsman ratchets. Been using the same one for probably about 8 years now and never a slip unless I was holding it wrong and hit the lever to reverse direction. I have used a few other brands that had different teeth counts that allowed for an easier time in tight places, but isn't one of those things that comes up enough for me to worry about.

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
they are tough tools, no doubt about it. i can take a 6ft pipe on a 3/8 craftsman ratchet and use it to break lug nuts loose. but when you work with em everyday, the extra price is sometimes worth it. the small differances add up enough to warrant my purchase of the higher quality product (at least in my mind). but just as an example, i have a 1/2 ratcheting flex head snap on breaker bar that cost me $150. could of went to sears and spent $30.

·
Boost.....coming soon :D
41,739 Posts

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 23 Posts