Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an estimate done for dual exhaust for my durango 5.2L. I am thinking of going with magnaflow or flowmaster muffler. does anyong have a setup like this? what gives a more powerful low tone at idle and excelleration.

Another quick question, what muffler would give a powerful low tone on a stock exhaust. Looking at Flowmaster #52557 or Magnaflow #12256. 5.2L 318

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DDurango said:
I am having an estimate done for dual exhaust for my durango 5.2L. I am thinking of going with magnaflow or flowmaster muffler. does anyong have a setup like this? what gives a more powerful low tone at idle and excelleration.

Another quick question, what muffler would give a powerful low tone on a stock exhaust. Looking at Flowmaster #52557 or Magnaflow #12256. 5.2L 318
I have a 40 series Flowmaster and love the sound but I lost low end when doing a 3" catback. Gained on top endthough. If your looking for really good performance and sound go with the GS Motorsports setup. The next best single setup I have found for the money so far is at the link below. This guy sells Magnaflow catback systems cheap. Hope this helps.

http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-Peddler

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DDurango said:

So have you had this done yet? I am looking in to something for my 2K Durango R/T. How did it all turn out?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Getting the exhaust modified on Monday. Bad news, the shop really can't put true duals on my vehicle for the fact that the two oxygen sensors and the two cats will totally throw the computer out of wack. talked with a guy that had it done to a GMC 6.0 and ended up spending huge cash in the process to get the equipment done right. The O2 sensor has to be placed accordingly to get a proper reading or the engine will suck gas like crazy. My durango has two and if I ran true duals I would need four cats and four O2 sensors, and have to be mounted precisly. I am having the third cat cut and run a 2.5in in to a magnaflow and two 2.5in out to the back.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Technically you can still run true duals even with the precats left on there. Where the pipes come down into a Y before they go into the 3rd cat, you can have the guy install an X-Pipe there and run the duals from there back after deleting the 3rd cat. That is considered true duals. Unless you are thinking of true duals being straight pipes from the headers back. If you want to do this then you need to get an O2 simulator. This tricks the computer into thinking is reading right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I currantly have a 10in x 2 3/4in open air element, running cooler plugs and thermostat, moog ball joints. Everything else is stock and that air intake just howls. Sounds good and great throttle response. Even with stock exhaust, right now it is much louder with the open air element. Getting about 23mpg on highway and 17mpg city. Looking to get better with high flow exhaust.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i had a dynomax for a few days and couldn't hear it! i took it back and got a 4o series for my v6. it sounds awesome and isn't loud on the highway but is mean as hell when i get on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had the Exhaust modified and it sounds and performs great. It sounds like a 70's challenger sixpack. I went with a pro-flo single in dual out. Low powerful tone makes the heads turn. Very impressed and pleased with the work that was done. I had the pipes tucked under the chassis and then turnned down and cut, painted black and you can't even see them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
FlowMaster works for ME

I have JBA Headers,and a custom y pipe, and a Flow Master exaust with a 50 series SUV muffler. Sounds awsome when you get on it, and is tallerable on the freeway.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey DDurango, What year is your Durango? I have the '01 R/T and want to get better mpg and performance our of it with out serious mods. I have been thinking about a dual exhaust for mine too. I did see the AWESOME looking dual from www.gsmotorsports.com, but I have read that they have poor service and don't even send you all if the parts needed O2 is in the wrong place too...scary!!! Otherwise, they are my choice.
Right now, I got the K&N cold air intake coming and am considering the M1 intake. Any help will be great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.