Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good night gone Crash! Crashed again...pg. 2

So I was DD last night. I have to say that it was a good night, and I had about much fun as you can have being the sober one! lol

Dropped most the girls off and I had one more, but decided to stop by Taco Bell. After getting food I was headed straight through the intersection when I red Jetta didn't think I was really there and turned in front of me. Went head-on with my truck!!

Turns out the car was filled with 5 16 year old kids, and NO ONE had a driver's license!! The 3 in the back seat had been drinking and they took off right away. The dad came and picked up the passenger and got some stuff before the car was towed away. The driver left in a squad and I never heard anything about it.

Anyway, my truck wasn't terrible, but bad enough to be town away. :( :(
Thankfully the car was insured, so we will see what happens this week.
I'm going to try to run and take some pictures of my truck after the Vikings game this afternoon.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
www.dfwdakotas.com
2,070 Posts
Stupid ass fucking kids...

Glad your alright, doesn't it fucking suck to know your doing everything the legit way and some stupid fucking kids drinking driving without a license will get a slap on the hand and let go while you have to deal with the aftermath?

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, no kidding.
Thankfully the dad has been really cool. Unfortunately for him he only had liability on the car, so he might be out a car.
Mine will be towed to work tomorrow so I can get it fixed. I'm going to see what my cash out options are and I'll fix it my way.

I was so glad he didn't hit my license plate!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well, it could have been much worse with kids drinking, whether or not the one behind the wheel was. I'm glad you and your passenger came out okay. Sorry for the truck though, but glad you two didn't get seriously injured.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Hmm...now I know what'll happen if my wife and I ever play chicken. I'll win. :)

I can't say I never drove without my liscense (had permit, supposed to have adult with though), but I wouldn't ever have a car full of disctractions. That's asking for trouble! Sure as hell wouldn't drink either...I still won't drive if I've had more than a drink or two.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my baby back today!

New Parts: $1325.56
Labor & Paint: $1569.76

Total Repairs: $2895.32
Check from Insurance: $3854.70

And I was able to replace the other fog light, and get new rear mudflaps for the one I broke. And next week I will get new shock, and a new o2 simm for the one that melted.
Now I need to get to work on my car!

And my rental for the last 2 weeks...

I would never bad talk the Corolla...It was a great car to drive, and handled abuse well!! :D

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Sorry about your misfortune,and glad no one was hurt.

But, I have to ask..Why did it need to be towed home? Doesn't look like the radiator or anything was busted.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry about your misfortune,and glad no one was hurt.

But, I have to ask..Why did it need to be towed home? Doesn't look like the radiator or anything was busted.
He shoved the bumper into the front tire. It wasn't that bad, but you can see in one of the first pictures the wear mark that had already started. It wasn't my fault, and I didn't have to pay for it, so I just let it go.

·
We Are 138
13,199 Posts
Oh ok.

I was gonna say, back when i was 16, some dick pulled out in front of me and then slammed on his brakes to turn into a burger king, and i tagged his ass. Ripped the bumper and the hatch off his Caravan, cracked my pass side headlight/corner, bowed the hood and bumper, looked close to how urs did only not as much bumper danage, but the truck sat there idling with the heat on while we did the police report and all and then i drove it home just fine lol Dude with the caravan said the sudden push forward must have snapped an axle or something because the officers asked him to pull into the parking lot to clear the road and the van wouldn't move lol

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
looks good. could have been alot worse if that car didnt have such a low front end. i would say you came out good on this one, besides the headache of having to deal with the situation.

·
i hate stupid old people
590 Posts
so the insurance wrote you a check for more than the cost of everything? or did i read that wrong?
the insurance company will write a check for what the damage would cost them for new parts and the labor to put them on as well as paint an the odds and ends that go with it. generally they use factory parts which cost more too. so you go buy aftermarket parts and do the work yourself and you get cash in your pocket extra. works out great if your on the winning end

1 - 20 of 24 Posts