Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what a good dual exhaust system would be for a 93 dodge dakota with the 5.2L V8. I don't want somthing superloud but I want to hearing a little if I get on it that and I want better performance too. Performance is the big thing I want. What are some good headers for it. I want more low end torque.

· Premium Member
1,087 Posts
I'd say the best headers for your application would be the mopar headers. I think, but not sure, that someone else makes some good headers for your truck, i just dont know who (that really helps huh...lol) Anyway, for duals, the cheapest way would be to bring it to an exhaust shop and see what they can do for ya. Oh and make sure you put some type of crossover pipe if you go with true duals.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My dad will end up paying for them because he wants dual exhaust on it that way I won't be steping on it all the time because I won't want to get the cops attention. But jokes on him I get the dual exhaust I want and he can't put one of those chips in to monitor my driveing because the truck is too old so it's all good. :biggthump

G

·
Well on my 99 3.9 liter I have JBA headers with Gibson Catback exhaust, loudest and meanest sport truck in my area, sounds awesome. Great at idle and WOT.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Flowmaster 40 seires is the way to go

G

·
What about the 30 series FLOWMASTER? I thought it was a little quieter than the 40 series. What are peoples thoughts on the raspyness of the 40? I think the deep, mellow tone usually associated with Mustangs w/ a flowmaster is the type of sound most of us go for. Well that or any Big Block from the late 60's-early 70's. :banana2:

· Your hero
438 Posts
Helltime said:
I was wondering what a good dual exhaust system would be for a 93 dodge dakota with the 5.2L V8. I don't want somthing superloud but I want to hearing a little if I get on it that and I want better performance too. Performance is the big thing I want. What are some good headers for it. I want more low end torque.
I would not waste your time on headers, your 93 has bigger exhaust manifolds from the factory and flow good to begin with. I would personally stick with the stock manifolds, remove the cat, and get a muffler of your likeing. Will sound good, perform better, and cost you less.

· I like trucks
510 Posts
Hey Helltime, I went to the Exhaust Pros down on 100th street,(across from the land rover dealer) Theyl do what ever you want, Ive been in there 4 times theyr real cool. With your truck Id like to sway you towards a stock exit single in single out flowmaster or somehting that exits before the passenger rear wheel. Youl loose all your torque if you do the duals wrong. I have the flowmaster 40 series delta and I love it. Highly recommend it :biggthump :biggthump

· Sparks Connoiseur
132 Posts
If youre gonna do more engine mods in the future, like new heads, intake manifold and TB etc.. then yes get the true duals done now. If not I would suggest like a couple other guys said and just replace the muffler. Youd be surprised the huge sound difference by just eliminating the stock tailpipe. Most of the dakota guys around here we just dump it under the bed. That gets kinda loud though. If you want quiet but still the flowmaster sound get a 50 series (not the delta flow) single in single out and run it out the side in front of your pass rear tire. Not too loud and doesnt resonate inside the cab. Sorry for the long reply.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.