Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone knows of a good body shop in calgary that has reasonable prices. I need to get either my hood repainted or a ton of scratches fixed. I went out to go to work and when I got to the truck my hood scoop insert is in peices on the ground. And the scoop is all scratched up. I don't know who did it but I'm assuming that it was someone punk in my apartment complex. I wanted to try to fix it myself but I don't want to do anymore damage to it. The insurance company will help but then my insurance will skyrocket. And to top it all off I was planning on a trip to Drayton Valley to enter the truck in a show and shine, the show is on August 13-14 so I have to get it fixed right away.
Man this sucks, I've spent so much time working on it to get it all ready for the show and some idiot has to go and screw everything up.

tazz

· Administrator
12,575 Posts
Yeah aren't people wonderful. They figure if its nice and its not theirs lets wreck it. I've been through it too. A few times. I know how you feel. You just wanna kill somebody. :cussing:

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i went to a couple of places to get estimates. Dodge said at least 600 and this place called splash said 550.
On my way back I ran into the main guy that runs the paint booth where I work. On the side he paints car and does repairs and what not. he said he could fix it, Install a new grill and polish the entire vehicle for about 200. He won't have to repaint the entire hood just a little bit by the scoop and buff out the scratches that aren't as bad. He also said that he will buff out the remaining scratches on the truck just for something to do.
A couple of weekends ago he called me over to the paint shop because he had just finished a viper(not sure what year). He painted it from yellow to black with the white/silver stripes down the center. He also painted the enterior black with silver accents. It looked awesome, so I know he'll do a good job. He's going to start on wednesday and now I'll still get to be in the show and shine. :mullet:

tazz

· Drop and destroy!!
209 Posts
:banana2: Now that's service at a good price.

Hope everything turns out OK. There's a saying on the wall of a machine shop I go to often that says:

At this place of employment we pride ourselves on doing our work fast, good and cheap. You can have any two:

-If you want it fast and good, it won't be cheap.

-If you want it good and cheap, it won't be fast.

-If you want it cheap and fast, it won't be good.

Thank you, Management

Hope your main man doesn't do things the same way. Sorry, this just reminded me of that sign and I hadda share.

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well finally got the insert made. Man did it take awhile. I must have primed and painted at least 10 gutter guards. My original plan was to just epoxy it in place but it didn't work and the sizing was off. So in the end I cut an oversize peice and used 3 clip nuts to hold it in place. Unfortunitly I had to drill under the hood which sucks but at least its back in there. I will have to epoxy the top however to add a bit of reinforcement. Well off to the paintshop tommorow i guess.

tazz

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.