Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I hate you people.
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I will be going to the junkyard tomorrow after work as I need to find a spare tire winch as the end of the cable on mine broke off last year hitting an inclined drive too fast.
I will check in here tomorrow and I will grab what I can for reasonable cost, then you pay me for the cost and shipping by PayPal.
Message me if you are urgently needing something because I may have to hit up 3 junkyards.

·
I hate you people.
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I was planning on visiting 3 different junkyards but I only had to visit one to get what I needed.
I had to get the spare tire winch and decided to grab a new rear view manual mirror as my original one the lever for dimming the mirror broke and I couldn’t find a way to fix it.
So, I had to look around as the Chrysler section was towards the back of the yard and this was on some decently steep hills being in Pennsylvania. They had a few Dodges out front but not what I was looking for. When I got to the back in the Chrysler section, I found the Dakota’s and Durango’s but most were up on their front cross member and the spare tire, which limited what I could find and get for the spare tire winch. There were a couple Dakota’s that I could get the spare tire winch out of but one had the bed off so I could get that. I got one bolt out with my 1/4 impact but the second I should have just used the ratchet, as the welded on thread bung stripped off and I couldn’t get it off. I tried for 15 minutes and decided to go to the other truck that was on its rear axle but still had the bed because it also had a topper on it as well. That one I had to take my 3/8 drive ratchet and deep well 13mm socket to get the bolts out. It was a little difficult but I finally got it. Both spare tire winches were not in great shape but I am not too concerned for now. While I was there, I decided to grab one of the interior rear view manual dimming mirrors since none of the trucks or Durango’s had the power dimming rear view mirror. Came out to $25 later.
After I got what I needed(may have to go back to another junkyard tomorrow because I need a new drivers door and window switch panel as mine won’t hold the front part of the switch block up anymore), I walked around and looked at what they had and it was a decent amount of Dakota’s and Durango’s there. One that stood out was a white quad cab that was a manual 4.7 4x4 and it was in pretty good shape. It had to have been there not too long as I smelled gas leaking out it and saw it leaking out. Disheartening to see that but at least I know what truck to get parts from now on. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts