Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i basically grew up building imports and that's mostly what i know (electronics and such) but i see all you who are porting your TBs and all that fun stuff..... but has anyone thought of partial or full ITB setups? (ITB- individual throttle bodies) I'm thinking of building a partial setup. if anyone wants to help with funding of the R&D i'll build you one for cheap.. like.. just cover basic materials lol i don't know, something can be arranged.

anyways back to the idea.. has anyone attempted this that you know of? it'll give it PLENTY of cfm per cylinder.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6pack? i'm running the 4.7l v8, i'm going to run 4 TB's 2 cylinders per tb. that would allow bigger TBs than if i went flat out full ITB. going to run them up and into a single round filter (like the old muscle cars) once i get it alll together it should work nice.. just have to overcome the TPS and fuel rail. (fuel rail should be simple but the TPS that will be a little harder)

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
def. take pics,,would be awesome to see

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Sounds like a packaging nightmare.

Miguirs or Mothers made one for thier LNG chevelle and it was sweet but a nightmare to build Im sure unless you're a machinest with time and material on your hands.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wouldn't be that hard, just modify the stock intake mani to use the mounts(or use it as a template), get some tubing, weld it together, smooth the inside, weld a flange for the TB using the TB as a template, turn them all the same way and attach cableing to the throttle cable mounts so when one pulls they all pull. the injectors go into the head.. so that's no biggie. and then adjust the tps untill it doesn't run rough. and close the idler off a little. of course it'll take a little tuning to get it right but the physical aspect of it is easy. i've built them before on hondas lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Would make for even more fun when you hit the gas. That thing would sound MEAN! I've been considering this but doing a dual TB setup similar to the old sonoramic intakes but I don't think it'd perform any better than the stock kegger intake since it has such long runners itself.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i've actually rethought my design.. i have a full design drawn up using two TBs, a ford intake mani, the adapter kit from airram, and the key peice.. well 2 key peices, are my little secret. but i would seriously LOVE to build it.. even if not for me. i'd do all the work if someone just sent me the parts to combine. :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
No offense, but you sound like a pipedreamer.

·
33" tires + 6 lift = Fun
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No offense, but you sound like a pipedreamer.
lol well i do "think" up alot of things. the thing with me is i get alot of cool/good ideas and i know how to put them together, i just never have funding to do it. i grew up making my own stuff alot... but now it changed from bikes and RC cars and toys to full blown cars and trucks.. which costs alot more to play with lol.

but i do understand your statement and don't take offense to it.

·
R/Tless...for now
3,332 Posts
I wonder what kind of gains you see
Depends on the setup of course, but I've seen claims of 30-40hp with a hilborn setup (same style). Then there's the clearance issues, but it might look pretty badass with the stacks sticking up out of the hood.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
You're going to need SCT (and wideband) and a really good tuner or a standalone to get the accel enrichment correct.

What's the datarate on OBDII datalogging set ups most SCT users are running?

If you can't get the accel enrichment nailed, you won't see the potential for amazing throttle response the set up could provide.

Also past 80-90kpa load ITBs are very hard to map with speed density. Most ITB users with standalones run alpha-N or a blended fueling algorithm.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts