Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
the one good thing about the truck is it has a front drive shaft..........all the trucks i have seen that big will just not install the front drive shaft.

Other wise it needs work before it could function well.

· Registered
515 Posts
That ricer wing needs to go, along with the racing stripes, silly airbrushed mural on the tailgate, and if you planned on driving it on the road putting rear brakes on it would be a plus! Take a look at the last picture on the right.....why aren't there any brake drums or discs there?! And the price is insane.....$6,900 without the wheels and tires?!:funny: hahahaha good luck, dude.
I noticed the same thing.

· Registered
1,038 Posts
the fine print says....

"TIRES AND WHEELS NOT INCLUDED AT THIS PRICE, 8 LUG AXLES, HUGE LEAF SPRING SUSPENSION, LOW MILEAGE LOTS OF POSSIBILITIES AND WE CAN PUT TOGETHER SEVERAL TIRE AND WHEEL CHOICES FOR YOU. 4X4 SHAFTS ARE HOOKED UP AND IN THE TRUCK WILL CLEAR UP TO 54 BOGGERS PHOTOS SHOW 49 IROKS ON VEHICLE...."

hahahaha

· Registered
5,471 Posts
I don't know why you guys are hating. K 6900 is a lot but its a perfect project truck. I'd say its worth 4-5k. It needs a motor and tires and its ready to go wheelin.

· The Aussitaliano Hitman
879 Posts
so i must ask...why the HELL would you invest all that money into lifting a RWD v6...? the money that moron spent on the tires and wheels alone could have paid for a set of chrystler straight axels and a transfer case...few more hundred could have gotten him a 5.9L....maybe then he would have a decent reason to jack it up so high....*facepalm* retard lol

· Registered
5,471 Posts
That makes no sense... so what if he could have bout different axles... he still would have needed tires! And maybe he was planning a different motor swap than a 360.

The truck is a great project truck that has all the hard work done. I don't understand you nay sayers

879 Posts
lol i just personally would have used my resources in a different manner. i wouldn't have gone all out on a v6. whats the point of having what? 10 inches of lift? on 54's? all on a rear wheel drive v6....its a good project yes. i cant deny that. however...i wouldn't have done anything like that unless it had a v8 and some straight axels.

· Registered
5,471 Posts
lol i just personally would have used my resources in a different manner. i wouldn't have gone all out on a v6. whats the point of having what? 10 inches of lift? on 54's? all on a rear wheel drive v6....its a good project yes. i cant deny that. however...i wouldn't have done anything like that unless it had a v8 and some straight axels.
ok well im sure it was well planned out. buying a v6 rwd dak is the cheapest dakota you can buy. so if he was planning on doingd a 440 swap and the lift "that he already did" why would he buy a SLT dakota with a v8 and 4x4 and pay all that extra money, and take it all out for something else?

the truck was not made to have the v6. ITS NOT FINISHED! IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE 4WD YET! you guys are criticizing something thats not finished as if it is.

879 Posts
lol im not looking to stir anything up clint282. i guess everyone just has their own different opinions. no worries mate. yours is just as respected as mine

· ಠ_ಠ ლ(ಠ益ಠ&#
1,054 Posts
Im kinda with clint.
4-5k I think they might even go 3k cash for it. The sas looks to be sound and TBH 3k for a shop to do a sas is what I would expect. A new motor and t case .

The look of the trucks on the site make me think it was built at the dealership

http://www.davisautosales.com/windowsticker.php?UniqueID=00000000000000123
this truck is a beast but that T case needs to be re clocked lol

· Registered
5,471 Posts
I didn't take any offense to this I was just stating my opinion. No worries bro :D

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.