Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have a '98 durango 4x4 5.2 with 180k, i have used the search button looking at all the seafoam threads and theres a few ways people do it. Soo idk if i should go ahead and buy 2 cans or just stick with one. I think im gonna pop off the air hat and pour it down the tb, but idk how much, half a can? then i would like to pour half to a whole can in the gas tank, and i will make sure i have a half tank and i will pour in the sea foam in at the gas station and then i will pour it down the tb. I say screw putting it down the crank case and the vacuum line? is the tb&gas tank i good combo? and how much for each? will i need to change my plugs or oil if i do the tb&gas tank ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok soo i wont pour it down the tb. I was just iffy on pouring it in my crank case because it might loosen up gunk inside the engine holding it together, cause i have 180k on my motor. And i didnt want to pour it in my vacuum line because it will only get to one head, that's what i heard. but if its safe to pour it in my crank case even with the high mileage i will do it cause im ready for an oil change anyways, i would change it after about 50 miles after putting it in my crankcase and gask tank.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh btw will pouring it through the crank and gas tank will that foul my plugs ? i want to make sure soo i can have new ones handy if it does. Soo i will be fine with just one can ? One half crank case one half gas tank ??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.