Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen "fitment issues" said on here about those... I plan on sealing them, and I have a pair of new PIAA extreme white plus headlights also with it. Anyways, yeah what about these fitment issues?

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1bdazzdak said:
I didnt run into any fitment issues when I put mine on my last dak.
woot. Did you have to reuse the stock allen screws? I hope not, becayse mine are stripped out for some reason... I tried to put corners on but I was like uhhh wtf why wont the screw turn...

· Registered
728 Posts
DanDB64 said:
woot. Did you have to reuse the stock allen screws? I hope not, becayse mine are stripped out for some reason... I tried to put corners on but I was like uhhh wtf why wont the screw turn...

most headlight /turn signal kits come with a new screw. my last pair came with phillips tip screws. :clap2:

· Registered
156 Posts
i had the same bulbs as you and have your same lights. the lights look nice, but i have to stress SEAL THEM WELL! Do it right the first time or they are going to give you hell. IPCW is deff. the best buy though, and they handle heat really well, not to mention look good at night. my IPCW killed my bulbs with moisture, but i think PIAA has a lifetime on them. i just gotta find the number...

· One of the Elite
1,054 Posts
Doesnt matter where ya get them, they are all made by DEPO, the same company that made your stock headlights. DEPO also makes the new one piece headlights.

When I saw that allen / hex screw, I took it out and took them to lowes and found me some phillips head replacements. To heck with that hex crap.

Yes, seal them well, and dont ever take your truck to a pressure washer. They seem to be good, as long as you dont go through a pressure washer. For some reason, that breaks the seals. Also, for the turn signals, you might want to pick up some sylvania corner bulbs. These are blueish / purple when off, and then light up amber when on.

~CYCLONE_06

· Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CYCLONE_06 said:
Also, for the turn signals, you might want to pick up some sylvania corner bulbs. These are blueish / purple when off, and then light up amber when on.

~CYCLONE_06
I actually got some stealth chrome bulbs from work. They are chrome when off, amber when on... I like em..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.