Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TKO'ed
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as I know, this is the first dakota with Gen III Viper seats. They mount nothing at all like the Gen II seats do. In a way these are easier to install. It took quite a while to figure this out. The next install would be much easier of course.

I'm working on getting a center console as before I had one of the folding seats. The center part is empty for now.

·
Will Race For Food
1,298 Posts
Seat belts

Hey partner, I just installed the same seats, how do your seatbelts work.
My strap won't fit into the viper buckle? Thanks hey lQQks as good as mine.LOL :mullet:

·
TKO'ed
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed the viper ones and modified the dak ones to fit. You have to cut off/bend a tab from ours and then you have to cut off part of the plastic that goes around the buckle to clear the viper seat brackets.

Mine are installed directly to the floor. No brackets or spacers of any kind. I hit one of the outside holes in the front, and the rest got new holes drilled for them. I left all of the stock viper brackets on. The front ones were bent down to match the angle of the floor in the truck. Lots of 1/2" bolts, nuts, washers, and drilling later they were secured.

·
Will Race For Food
1,298 Posts
Wish I was one day late

Man I wish I waited till this weekend to do mine. I cut off the welds off the viper installed one inch tubing. I have at least 8 hours in one seat. I am doing the driver side this week. Still looks awsome. :clap2:

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
how do they feel position wise as compared to where you sat in the stok seats?? lower, higher??? just curious. what they cost you? and what seats did you have in there before?

·
TKO'ed
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine were both done in about six hours. That includes five or six trips to the hardware store to finally get all the correct nuts and bolts. For mine all the stock seats came out, the carpet came out, and then it all went back in. We could probably do it in less than half that time now since we know how to do it.

My seats sit at about the same height as before. I'm sure NX's sit higher since he used the 1" tubing on top of the stock rails. I need the head room, so I wanted to keep things as low as possible.

·
Will Race For Food
1,298 Posts
Seat height

Hey guys, I got the other seat installed. I am 6'1 and with the one inch tubing the head room is not bad. I noticed when I sit on the passenger side, with the seat at one inch higher, it is more comfortable to sit in allowing you to bend your knees more when you sit. The only thing that worried me in drilling new holes in the floor board, was my seats ripping out of the floor board if I am in a wreck. :drive:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts