Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make them? And why don't a lot of you who have lowered your trucks use them if they are available?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I honestly don't think anybody ever made then for the gen 3 trucks.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... well is there any way to compensate for that short of having actual drop spindles?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Drop arms and or springs.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean don't those create negative camber? Or do particular control arms adjust for that?

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,204 Posts
No one has ever offered a drop spindle for the Gen III, the lower ball joint sits very close to the rim in OE configuration, there is no room to raise the spindle height and keep the ball joint off of the rim.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Any time you change the suspension geometry you should have it aligned no matter what you use to do it. A simple camber kit will take care of however much it's out.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A camber kit? I've used them back when I did Honda work (unfortunately) but I have yet to see them for Gen III Dakota's. Any chance you have a link so I can get a better understanding of what they are like? And do they vary based on how much camber adjustment is necessary?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
It's actually an adjustment bar that the upper control arm is attached to that you can move to adjust the camber. So no parts needed, just the appropriate tool.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts