Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 3 of 12 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
with mine, regular cab, shortbed.. I removed everything from the behind the dash not needed. Heater box,electronics,wiring etc, I still had a stock carpet, an 8 pt roll bar kit, APC race seats, stock front bumper, rear steel roll pan, 8 3/4 rear, 440, with aluminum heads and intake, Hooker headers, 727, driveshaft safety loop, homebuilt s/s 16 gallon fuel cell,all factory glass and hood, aluminum wheels, etc,etc,etc.. I was VERY surprised when it crossed the scale at 3380.. I was hoping for 3000. 3200 tops.. Thats was without me in it..Factory it was a 4cyl,5spd truck..2880...

· Registered
28 Posts
11.73 @ 115 with CalTracs.. "on paper" it was supposed to be around 625 hp.. Not sure on torque..That fuel cell empty is close to 30 lbs. Get a plastic cell. Its ALOT lighter. Keep the stock carpet out. That stuff is real heavy too. I also had a hard tonneau on the back of the bed. I cut it and fit it to fit snug inside the bed edges. I know there was weigh to that, maybe another 25-30 lbs.. What I had planned for this year was to chnage out the converter, gut the doors and use lexan for windows, guut the tailgate, and add a 'glass front bumper.. I was thinking with the weight savings, I might have been able to lose around 100-150lbs.. My converter was a PTC 4000. I was going to up that to a 4800-5000 stall..

1 - 3 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.