Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '94 Dakota Sport, the speedometer goes up to 110 mph.....

I have a spare instrument cluster from a '93 Dakota I parted out last year...noticed that it goes up to 125 mph...

WTF??

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
is one electronic and one cable driven? i think 94 was when they went elect. but not like that should matter w/ what ur askin???? got me

·
#19 ƃop ǝnןq ǝןʇ&#
13,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is one electronic and one cable driven? i think 94 was when they went elect. but not like that should matter w/ what ur askin???? got me
Yea...mine is electronic, the 93 is cable.....I know they ain't interchangeable...

My main question is why did they change the top MPH numbers between the 2 years? What does everyone else's Gen II say for top MPH?

110mph for 94 and 125mph for the 93? :huh:

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
yeah, mine stops at 110. got a couple buddies wit different yr gen IIs. ill check theirs out too.

·
keep your stick onthe ice
1,058 Posts
92-93 were 125MPH 94-96 110MPH I can't say for sure but I think pre 92 was 85MPH it's been to long since I've been in an older dak. I don't know why they change it's kind of like how the positrac in a Plymouth works it just does.

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
Probably more like the 110 is for the V6 and the 125 was for the V8 but they threw which ever one the guy on the assembly line grabbed. Since he didn't care there is no reason for the inconsitancy other than which box he emptied first.

just my theory.

·
elpoepdiputskcuf
2,493 Posts
^^well, if somebody finds an electric 125 speedo that could be the case. im gonna go with the fact they switched to 110 when they went electronic. are the top speed limiters the same?? maybe the early ones can actually go 125 from the factory????

·
keep your stick onthe ice
1,058 Posts
. im gonna go with the fact they switched to 110 when they went electronic. are the top speed limiters the same??
the 94-95s will run 119MPH I think it's mainly just when they switched from mechanical to electric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts