Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 CC 4x4 with a flowmaster exhaust on there now. My problem is that its going to need to be replaced soon, my questions are, is it possible to do true daul out before the rear tires? if not is it possible to do single out one side before the rear tires? if anyone has any pictures it would help a lot because i've never seen it on a gen II before. also what muffler would sound best with this set up? i already have a high flow cat and ill have headers soon enough, plus i have an open element air cleaner. any help is appreciated...thanks a ton!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Of course it's possible. Any competent exhaust shop could bend a custom exhaust from the cat back, as for duals it's a little more tricky as many shops won't mess with the cats. But why run it in front of the wheel and risk damaging the wheels finish?
When Ford redesigned the F-150 for '97 they had that set-up and ended up changing tailpipes under warranty for trucks with damaged wheel centers and discolored wheels from the hot exhaust gases....

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
fords suck anyway, but if u cleaned ur wheels every other day would it still affect them? If i get a custom exhaust im gonna have a dual exhaust with Borla XR 1 mufflers coming out of the fenders right behing the rear wheels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how do the borlas sound on a 5.2?? i was looking into those, the price isnt really an issue with them right now, but if i can find something comparable to borla ill go with it, just how do they sound with these trucks?

·
Getting Old
2,662 Posts
HO LEE SHIT, on a 5.2? My friends dad has a FULL (headers to exhaust tip) BORLA exhaust on his Jeep Cherroke (sp) 5.2, sounds like a jet, literrally. I was walking down the street one day, and heard something and i looked up for the jet to fly by, and his dad pulls up next to me and asked me what i was lookin for. :biggthump

·
Registered
82 Posts
Magnaflow mufflers sound awesome on the Dodge trucks. As an installer I have experience with several different mufflers and the Magnaflows are now our favorite brand to install and we have been impressed with the overall good quality.
I have 4 of them (that's right four :jester: ) on my RR and love 'em!

A nice throaty rumble at idle and performance bark when on the gas. :biggthump

·
Happy 4th of July!
5,360 Posts
Whats this all about "Always remember, you are unique...and so is everyone else." Ughh... Hippie! LMAO J/K man

Magnaflows sound GREAT! Personally I hate the "trademark" flowmaster sound, just got really really old to me (went on the Hotrod powertour, EVERY car had flowmasters, and they ALL sounded the same... Whoopidty do!)

Personally I run the Dynomax Superturbo. If you have a cat, it'll be quiet. Tragically, mine "fell off" and it's LOUD AS HELL I love it, though it get's slightly aggrivating on the highway... Oh well =)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i want something as loud as i can get short of chopping off the muffler and as throaty as i can get it, thats what im aiming for...the muffler i have now is loud and it has a nice deep throaty sound to it...ive heard magnaflow on other cars(yes i know every vehicle sounds the same) and im not to impressed...unless theres a specific type of magnaflow muffler to put on the truck and make it loud

·
Registered
82 Posts
This one...

4" diameter body 14" long. I'm using these as resonators at the rear of the RR.

Use these as your primary mufflers with a tailpipe and it will bark!! :biggthump

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.