Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, just starting to redo the audio system my my 01 Durango. I picked up a pair of Inifinity Reference 12inchers and would like to place em behind the 3rd row. Or at least, could be usually blasted w/ the bench down, but stored in the space when needed. Anyone have some project pics with this type of solution? Tks!

Jeff
Austin

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ive got the same problem. I was planning on putting them behind the 3rd row but then they cover the tool compartment. I was thinking about making some custom boxes that would go on both side above the wheel wells and in front of the rear windows. I guess its not a huge deal if they cover the tool comartment but i use it to hold alot of stuff. Let me know if u figure it out.

·
Registered
872 Posts
well my old box covered the tool compartment. If you were to build a box to fit on the sides you gonna need to fiberglass it and if you dont have much experience you might have a hard time. If you were to go to a shop your gonna pay the big bucks for that one

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Have any pics or dimensions of it? That's originally what I wanted to do as well, but there was not enough room (so it seemed). I was thinking that a flush mount sub facing into the seat would do pretty well, just have to find a place to mount the amp.

Do you know how many ft^3 is in that area?

Thanks

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,759 Posts
This one is perfect for me...

There is no bypassing the "tool compartment cover-up issue" - truct me, I've tried...unless you get that crappy MTX thunderform that put's out as much bass as a baby fart. Even if you had a custom glass enclosures on the sides made, 12's require more airspace than what is there on top of you will have to cut the "tool hatch" down just to open.

Your best bet, unless you are completing a custom show set-up like snoze, is make it so the box is easy to remove. I had (2) 12" Eclipse Titanium's back there and just took one out so I only have to haul (1) out instead of (2) when I need to get in there (however, I have amps - wiring and my caps in the well. No tools in my truck other than a AAA card.)

Best of luck to ya'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts