Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all , tomorow im going to try to install my amp and sub , but my biggest question is , whats the best way to run the wires.. id like it to look neat and professional , but im kinda stumped on how to do it , any pix would be helpful ,

problem one , running the power for the amp , dont know where i can run it from the firewall to the back of the truck , and problem 2 running the RCA's from the H/U to the back , how do the panels come off ?? or should i run it differently ??

thanks again :)

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
take a knife, cut a small hole in ur carpet under the amp and or subs, run them from ur cd player i forgot how i did it, invisable!

·
Registered
43 Posts
When running RCA's do not run them near any power wires, unless you like the electrical noise. When I run wire I always run down the left or right side under the carpet and under a panel (cheap ins. against against rubbing through insulation from foot or cargo traffic and no unsightly bulges from large gauge wire). If both sides are already occupied by factory wires you can run near the center hump, the holes under the console can make access surprisingly easy.

I've done a million, Hope this helps!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you're going all the way back, then 15 feet should do you. I ran 20 ft from the battery all the way back and 17 from the receiver back. I could have gotten away with 15 feet though I believe.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I did mine the one thing I found was that if you are putting the amp in the back cargo hold you will have to pull the 3rd row seats and the side panels, you cant just tuck the wires under the plastic as there isn't enough room.While you have them off I recommend to add spray sound deadening to get rid of som unwanted noise You will also notice that the plastic that the rear side panels are made of are paper thin !!! I was very disapointed at this.
If you are planning to amp your door speakers, have fun. The wires run into the doors via a molex plug on both sides so it is a pain in the butt.These plugs are just big enough as they need to be so you will have to be creative. If you have never done this before and it seems over your head, pay an installer to do it.
Good luck.

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I did my Durango, I took all the seats out and all the carpet. Real easy to run all the power wires and interconnects to the well in the back of the Durango (see my vbGarage).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts