Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
White Trash
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the test brackets made up w/ 1/4" plexiglass. aluminum spacers will need to be cut down some. both sides bring the fan too far away from the radiator. and one side is further away that the other. all final components will be made of aluminum.

oh, and once i start test fitting in the truck i have to fab up a 90* bracket for the top mounting tab on the fan to the upper support (under where the hood latch is)

·
14 cylinders
2,101 Posts
If it works as good as it looks, maybe this will be the answer for me. Good job! :mullet:

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
was originally for the white one, but Amber will get it now :D
Very nice, that was going to be the next thing I was going to do. Have you done anything else yet?

·
White Trash
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice, that was going to be the next thing I was going to do. Have you done anything else yet?
no, just driven. not gonna do a hole lot to it this season (mostly cosmetic). F&B 52mm, CAI, remove the cat and put it on a diet. i hope to get some consistent 12's out of that. also gonna drop it w/ the full WC kit and replace all the bushing w/ urethane.

work on a beefy stroker w/ the motor from White Trash. shoot for 11.70 on the motor with that.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
no, just driven. not gonna do a hole lot to it this season. F&B 52mm, CAI, remove the cat and put it on a diet. i hope to get some consistent 12's out of that. also gonna drop it w/ the full WC kit and replace all the bushing w/ urethane.

work on a beefy stroker w/ the motor from White Trash. shoot for 11.70 on the motor with that.
Cool, Converter should be the only real thing you need to get in the 12's with it.

·
Administrator
79,421 Posts
That looks great. Nice job. The best part about using plexi as a template is if there is something you need to see underneath it for fitment issues or whatever, you can.

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
The 97-00 rads must be a hair shorter...my GC fan is even with the bottom of the rad and I had just enough room up top to use some spacers and a cheap 'zip strap' thingy.

Your brackets look much better than mine :)

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
Forgive me for being a fan noob but this would completely eliminate the need for the factory engine driven fan? How are you going to wire it? Manual switch? Whats the the total estimated cost for this project and will you be selling some brackets so I can do this to ? :D

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
damn looks good,awesome job-what year fan is that? has me thinking now,,

·
That Guy
23,438 Posts
I was looking on ebay for a GC fan and I found some new for $80 but I dont know if that includes everything needed. I defiantly want to do this.

·
White Trash
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Forgive me for being a fan noob but this would completely eliminate the need for the factory engine driven fan? How are you going to wire it? Manual switch? Whats the the total estimated cost for this project and will you be selling some brackets so I can do this to ? :D
yes, eliminate the clutch fan and replace the weak ass stock e-fan. i haven't confirmed it yet, but i appears that the plug on the fan is the same as whats on my 2000 Dak's & Dur. just have to upgrade the fan fuse to a 30amp.

i may put together a kit in the near future after i get it all installed and a few miles on it. R&D man :D but it won't be for $10 LOL, depends on the cost of materials.

·
White Trash
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was looking on ebay for a GC fan and I found some new for $80 but I dont know if that includes everything needed. I defiantly want to do this.
more info...

Jeep GC Recall Fan
Part # CBG4F250 from Mother Mopar (# on the fan itself 52079528AB)
Rated at ~4000cfm
19" dia
3" thick
looks to have the same connection as what's on my 2000 R/T
Under $50.00 shipped

1 - 20 of 21 Posts